“pretty much the same”

La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #205 of 627 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 June 2013

i visited location behind red lobster before owner change and it was not great experience. i then went because many bragged about la Fiesta. while service improved, food was pretty much the same.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Right next to La Quinta where we were staying so thought we'd give it a try. Very nice atmosphere, very good food, excellent service. My husband had the shrimp fajitas, the shrimp and vegetables were very fresh. I had the spinach enchiladas and they were also very good. As a vegetarian, I really appreciate it when a restaurant has a dedicated vegetarian section on the menu. Very good menu prices.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was very pleased to see that La Fiesta had reopened a location near Newberry Road. Their old location was very convenient for me, but I rarely Am looking for lunch near the 39th Ave. spot.
The new location is larger and more comfortable, and a lot of the familiar faces are there. We were seated quickly, the food came promptly, and I was pleased with my $.99 taco Tuesday selections. Their salsa is my favorite in town.
I'll be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

In Gainesville to look at zoo tech program at Santa Fe. This restaurant was about a mile away. Stopped expecting ok but it was very good. We were seated and greeted promptly, and chipped within seconds. They have a lunch menu and we both ordered from it. Both meals were large portions, cannot imagine what dinner portions would be. They have come products.... Yah for the diet coke fans. Meals came quickly. Food was good, very good. What super impressed me was the waitresses, they never quit moving. They worked together to make everything better!! You could eat lunch here and tip for $10... not bad.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Have been eating here for years and years. The people are so very nice. Great salsa, Wonderful chile rellenos. Both locations are excellent.