“Delicious and up to the standards”
Review of La Tienda Latina

La Tienda Latina
Ranked #11 of 606 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I keep frequenting this restaurant. The seating areas aren't to my liking but other than that everything is great. Delicious food, nice service and very convenient pricing.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was 7:00 pm, late for us to be eating and we were congratulating ourselves at finding a Mexican restaurant where we expected quick service. We surveyed the posted menu which looked good and the prices were fine. But when we placed our order at the counter we were told that the burritos would take 25 min. So much for quick service. And there were very few people in the restaurant so we couldn't imagine what would take so long. Needless to say, we withdrew our order and left. A close-by Arby's was a much quicker solution even though not so potentially interesting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The location is very cute. Simply order at the counter and the staff will they your food out to you. We decided to sit outside and and enjoy the warm air, after being cooped up in the car. Yeah we are on a road trip.

We also ordered chips and salsa, which aren't free but a deal at $1.90. When the waitress brought out the chips they were still hot from the fryer. She warned us so we didn't burn our mouths. The salsa was good but your typical red jar salsa.

I ordered a steak and onion burrito, The steak quality was very good. It was very simple with only beans, rice, grilled onions and cheese. I would have loved some lettuce and tomato too but didn't want to complicate my order. I used the green salsa to add some extra flavor.

My girls got the green chicken enchiladas and red chicken enchiladas.
The plates looked like art with a beautiful salad on top with lettuce, onion, tomato, sour cream, cheese & avocado. The two sauces were really unique. I have never had those flavor profiles before so be aware it won't taste like your typical Mexican food place. My little girl didn't care for the green sauce but I was able to fix the dish for her with the provided green avocado tomatillo salsa. They also have a red salsa that will kill you. I repeat it will kill you. I dare you to use it but you better be ready for the burn. My wife loved her enchiladas. She was happy with the salad over the top of her dish.

We are glad we found this place. It's a great pit stop when driving on the road. We would totally stop here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great college town restaurant. Order and pay at the counter and they bring you your food. The Chips, salsa and queso was so good. We also had tacos that had fresh cilantro, also very good.
I enjoyed having dinner there, lots of young people, college age and they were fun to be around. Just a good vibe in there.
We had no idea where to eat and found this by, really, seeing all the cars there.A busy restaurant is usually a good sign and in this case it was. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

La Tienda offers excellent food at excellent prices in an atmosphere of genuine friendliness. At certain times, ordering out can be a bit backlogged, exactly because of the restaurant's great food, value, and human warmth