“Never again!!”

Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I actually did not stay a night here. I reserved for 3 nights, checked in and immediately starting looking for somewhere else to go. I checked out and went elsewhere. I booked according to pictures on a booking site. My room was in a part of the property not pictured on that site. My room was in a part of the hotel that looked more like a 70's motel than a resort. There are two parts to this hotel, multistory beachfront hotel and the motor lodge looking part. Make sure you know what you're getting when you reserve a room.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank JCPuck
Yield-ramadafwb_123, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you for sharing this review. It is unfortunate that you were expecting a different room type from what you had reserved. Any time there is a concern of any sort, including room type or location, feel free to discuss these with the front desk. Our staff makes their best effort to change reservations in any way necessary to accommodate preferences whenever possible. I hope that you will return in the future and choose a room more suited to your liking.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I booked this hotel for company travel because of the lower price...still $189 a night. Upon driving into the parking lot I was impressed the lobby looked very new and very nice. I get the key to my room and they tell me to drive around back. I quickly found out the lobby was the only thing remotely new! The rooms were outside entry only and looked like a very old motel. The inside no better. They sitll use those really old heavy printed comforters...who does that. When I walked into the room the carpet was filthy with stains, the tv stand had a dead roach on it, and there were doritos crumbs around the bed frame, I guess they didn't have time to vacuum up clsoe to things. I immediately went to the front desk and asked for another room. On the way to the second room up the old dirty outside stairs I noticed an array of swimwear laying on the ground on the walkway to dry. Gross, this was not the place for me. I asked for my money back and got out of there. I guess at the beach just like anywhere else you get what you pay for. It's worth the extra 10-20 bucks for the Hilton or Holiday inn down the road. Don't be fooled by the roadside appeal of the lobby. NEEDS MAJOR UPDATING in the rooms!

Room Tip: Maybe you could try a suite room, but I can't imagine they'd be much better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank blonde_holly

I appreciate this review of your stay. As part of our continuing effort to give our guests a great experience, we are in the process of upgrading various features of the rooms, to include brand new, beautiful bedding. I hope that you will stay with us again and enjoy the improvements you have recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel July 3rd thru July 5th and It was my first time to Fort Walton Beach area, I enjoyed my stay and would encourage families to stay here. I was a solo and felt I was out of place but I still enjoyed the time I spent here. The ground and beach area were beautiful but the rooms need to be updated as far as color and comfort of the beds. The rooms has all eminiities micro and fridge and that was a plus.. also had a safe availble if needed. I had a ground floor room and felt it was ok for the time I was there. The cafe served a good breakfast buffet and the wait staff was very friendly. I forgot my toothbrush and the front desk sent a staffer to my room immediatley to rescue me. I enjoyed the close proximitly to the Boardwalk and the Pier. I would encourage families to stay here.

Room Tip: there is an air conditioner noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Denise B

Thank you for visiting and sharing such compliments. Hopefully you can bring the family next time!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel last week of June and had a great time. We had a poolside room and had a really nice view. The hotel was really clean everywhere I went. We stayed on the 5th floor and our room and bathroom were super clean as was the fridge and microwave. There is not alot of storage space in the room but this didn't cause a problem for us. We brought mainly beach/casual wear and kept our clothes folded in our luggage. There are a couple of drawers and a hanging rack you could use. The beds were clean as well. I pulled the covers off just to be sure there were no bed bugs and the mattress looked like new and the sheets were clean too. The rooms have a tropical look which I liked. Hotel staff was very friendly and polite. It was great not having to drive to the beach. We could get right off the elevator and walk a few feet and be on the beach.There is a pool area for all ages. So, I have no complaints about our stay. If you use a debit card to pay for your room, they do hold out an extra $30.00 from your account. The money was credited back when we checked out so it wasn't a big deal. Also, to rent beach chairs and umbrella is 30.00, 15.00 for just umbrella. I stopped at one of the local surf shops and bought a couple of beach chairs. In the hotel lobby are some brochures that have coupons you can use. I feel this hotel was well worth the money we paid and would stay here again!! Destin is about a 5-7 minute drive and it's very congested. Everything looked crammed together and traffic was terrible so I was glad we chose to stay in Ft. Walton. If you stay in Destin/Ft. Walton, eat at Fudpuckers, we had alot of fun eating there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AlliH36

I appreciate the detailed review of your stay with us. I am glad that you appreciated the cleanliness of the room as well as the less congested location of our resort. Please come back when you have another opportunity!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

this was a wonderful trip thanks to the ramada plaza and thier location on the island..you get real bang for your buck here...we stayed four days and never had to drive anywhere. it is a beautiful place with really clean rooms and the grotto is sooo perfect for an adult beverage. this was a family trip and there is more than enough to do right outside our doorstep to the beach.when we arrived there was three beautifull beach weddings going on ..loved it!..our teens went parasailing,rented waverunners, and we all walked the VERY short walk to the pier where we all fished for 7 hours...(and my daighter and i dont even like to fish!!) we all caught fish and watched dolphines from the end of the pier untill midnite...magical trip!..ADVISORY!!!!...do not stay at the nearby
ramada limited " in destin..we did the managment thier is horrible!!! and the rooms are filthy! hard to believe that place is even a ramada!!!..bet they are ashamed to call it that!....we will come back to the ft.walton ramada plaza" very soon and bring more of our family!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I can't wait for your family to return to our resort. It sounds like the pier has turned you into an angler! It sounds as though your children had a great time also, participating in the many watersports available. Thank you for telling us about your visit.