The Ritz it ain't, BUT for the money, it is hard to beat.
The Holiday Inn Resort at Fort Walton Beach is a gem. The location is amazing. The water is so clear and greenish that the Emerald Coast is aptly named. Our king gulf front room was not huge, but adequately sized, with a nice reading chair, a desk, armoire and bed side tables. The bath is small with a tub and toilet, the sink is in the main room. There is a nice smallish balcony with two chair and a table and a stunning view. We overlooked one of the pools and the ocean. The room was very clean. YES, there was some mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom (they even have a small sign posted on the balcony door asking you to keep it closed to prevent mildew) and a smidge of rust.
The staff was very nice, friendly and responsive to our needs. (We asked for pillows and they were delivered in less than 10 minutes, our safe was stuck in the locked position, they fixed it in less than 15 minutes).
My only complaint? The bed was pretty hard. Small price to pay for paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn