“Best Italian, Best Bar in FWB”
Review of Clemenza's at Uptown - CLOSED

Clemenza's at Uptown
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 13
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Best Italian, Best Bar in FWB”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

As a FWB local, I would urge all travelers to check out Clemenza's at Uptown Station. It is a locally owned restaurant with the aesthetic appeal of a corporate chain. The decor is beautiful and relaxing, perfect for any business meeting, social outing, or date night. I have dined here solo, with my husband, and for business meetings. The bar offers a wide range of spirits, both well and top shelf. Love the Grapas! The pizza is AWESOME! The crust is great and well prepared out of the wood fired oven. In addition to the restaurant, there is an amazing meeting space which boasts a custom kitchen designed for cooking classes offered by our area's talented chefs. Some of my favorite menu items include the Caprese Bruschetta, Caesar Salad, and Gorgonzola Pizza. They also offer a Saturday and Sunday breakfast "Mamma Clemenza's" that offers a unique and creative menu. Try their specialty mimosa when you dine during breakfast hours. All in all, there is no other place like this in FWB and I am glad to have them in town for a true upscale dining experience which you will not find elsewhere unless you make the drive to Destin.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank WineThenFood
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I read all the reviews & was looking forward to some good wood fired pizza. The pizza was just ok due to the fact that the crust was burnt. I noticed that the table next to us also had a pizza & it looked the same way so maybe that's how it's served. However my main problem was our waiter. He seemed annoyed that he had to work. After bringing my husband one drink he never returned to ask if we wanted another drink or dessert or anything else. He just dropped off the check. The other waiters seemed fine so it was just our bad luck.

Shalimar, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Attention to detail”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Great food, service, selection and drinks. I love the weekend brunch selections, excellent bloody mary's. The lunch and dinner service are great, very attentive. Great pasta and pizza!

• Visited August 2012
“Real Mediterranean Food!!!! Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was the best Mediterranean food I've ever had in a restaurant! The service was fantastic and the prices were phenomenal! I am Mediterranean and this is it! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Jackson, Tennessee
“Over the Top Dining Experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

To our New Friends at Clemenzas!

I just want to thank you so very much for such a special evening at Clemenzas Uptown in Fort Walton Beach during our recent trip to Florida! The dinner in the “cooking class” was over the top! Not only was it fun dining in the private area, but the gourmet food and helpful cooking tips made it even more awesome! The grouper with the lemon curd sauce and Aunt Rosa's cheescake were fabulous! We are still talking about the whole experience! We were made to feel so special during our night of dining that was absolutley the highlight of our trip!!

The next best thing was the dinner at Fat Clemenzas in Miramar Beach, the very next evening! Meeting the chef, your co –owner, and the other important people behind the scene was also very special! Our food was by far the best Italian we have ever had in the Fort Walton/Destin area and maybe anywhere!!! The seafood linguini was unbelievably delicious! Thanks for recommending that to our table! It is easy to see how your restaurants have been voted #1 Italian by your city for several years running!!! My husband especially enjoyed looking at the pictures on the wall of your family when they were in the produce business! He spent a lifetime in the grocery business, so he was certainly intrigued with the history and Chicago stories from earlier days! We definitely felt the VIP treatment! The complementary appetizers and desserts were very much appreciated and, from now on, Fat Clemenzas and/or Clemenzas will be a regular stop for us when we are able to return to the area!!

Thanks again,