“Prices Increases and Quality Decreases”
Review of Chuck's Restaurant

Chuck's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 194 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seafood menu. Lunch, dinner. Closed holidays. Bar. Children's menu. Outdoor seating.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Although we live across the street, we don't come here often - and it's exactly for the reason in the title.

First of all, they had trouble getting our drinks correct. Don't bar tenders ever read about their craft? Have they ever read Dale DeGroff's "The Essential Cocktail" or his "The Craft of the Cocktail", or any other good book on cocktails? We could not get a decent Margarita even when spelling out how to do it. There seems to be a need for bartenders to add the sickening "Sweet and Sour" mix to any Margarita. The Special Bloody Mary is okay, but not great. Sticking a shrimp in the celery does not make the Bloody Mary taste better. Drinks for the 3 of us came to $60.50 and not one of them was good.

We started with a dozen oysters and they were good, no complaints there. My wife had the Stuffed Shrimp Dinner, but at $26.99 it was definitely over priced for what she got. My friend and I had the Queen Cut Prime Rib ($23.99 each). We had both ordered medium rare, but my friend's came out nearly raw, and he could only eat the parts along the edge of the cut. Mine was more rare than medium rare, but I struggled through it.

Finally, I just have to mention that our server at the first floor high tops was really unpleasant. She just couldn't smile and she looked like this job of serving tables was the last thing she wanted to be doing. We've always had very pleasant servers on the 2nd floor and outside, so this was a sharp contrast to what we had been used to.

Overall, it was a worse than average experience at Chuck's, and with the bill for the three of us at $178.00 without tip added, it was far too pricey. We could have had far better food at a much lower price at any of the other restaurants on Seaway.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Chuck's is nearby so we went there last week, I ordered the grouper, market price. I never asked about the price, just enjoyed the fish. It was not a large serving but well prepared. The bill arrived and the fish was $42.! My mistake for not asking but.....perhaps the server could mention when the entree is that expensive.
Last night we met with a group of people for another meal at Chuck's. We ate in the main dining room, which is very noisy. This time I ordered the broiled scallops, which were $25. or so. The scallops are served in a soup of butter. Really, the melted butter (not clarified) came almost up to the top of the scallop, the pale scallops were swimming in a sea of unclassified butter. Unappetizing was the verdict from the diners who ordered the scallops. I won't eat here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was a really good restaurant. Three of us went to dinner late but they served us knowing we might be the last ones to leave. We had the outrageous oysters they were fabulous. I think we all tried a different special and were delighted that the food was so good. The ambience and overall feel of the place was casual and comfy. I really liked this restaurant and look forward to going back sometime.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome views and good food. Very expensive. Go during happy hour and get better specials. Pics include fish dip, shrimp po boy and blackened Mahi sandwich.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Our group of 4 dined at Chuck's Seafood Restaurant recently for dinner and for the most part, our meal was enjoyable. The seasonal fish that was recommended to us was sold out, so we ordered red snapper and grouper, which was well seasoned and prepared. The fried shrimp and stuffed mushroom appetizers were delicious, and our waiter was polite and attentive. We were seated in the upstairs dining room, which had an old nautical charm. Then after we settled the bill and were finishing up our conversation, an employee (manager?) gruffly approached us and told us we had to leave since it was past closing time and he wanted to send his staff home. It was just a little after 9:30 pm. There were other patrons there and they were also surprised at his sudden request to leave. It really spoiled an otherwise enjoyable evening. We would have appreciated some advanced warning about closing time, and a little more courtesy as paying customers. Perhaps this individual could use some training in customer service?

1  Thank KikoSadie