“Rip Off!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Port Orange, Fl
“Rip Off!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2006

My boyfriend wanted to get away for the weekend because his job at the newspaper was getting stressful. He found this "out of the way place" in Fort Pierce thinking it might be nice. The small room was acceptable but the DVD player advertised as a feature wasn't hooked up. Not really in the $108 a night range, but it was "in season."
At check-in he stated he would be paying in cash but Amber said she needed to run his credit card anyway.
The next day at checkout my boyfriend paid Amber in cash.
When his credit card bill arrived he discovered he had also been charged the full amount on his credit card. The manager Neil Goetze would not issue a credit.
I feel so bad my boyfriend had to pay all that extra money. We just wanted a relaxing weekend but it turned into a disaster.
This place is barely worth $108, but $216 for one night.......
We go to Fort Pierce 1 or 2 times a month but we will never return to The Fountain Resort

• Liked — Fairly clean
  • Disliked — Being charged double by inexperienced help.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check your credit card bill if you pay cash
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
97 Thank Ptorange
ResortMgr, Resort Manager at Fountains Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 6 February 2007
I am happy to report this member did, after wrting this review, contact us about the problem discribed.The resort did issue a credit and an apology. We took this guest on his word, as no documentation was provided.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Deerfield Beach Fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2006

I was looking for a nice place in Fort Pierce for my once a month visits. I thought I found such a place until I received my credit card bill and found out they charged my card after I paid them in full with cash. Manager Neil wouldn't issue a credit so I ended up paying double.

• Stayed January 2006
120 Thank Bill P

Travellers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2006

After reading some of the other reviews here, I was expecting more. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, but the room had dead bugs, and the person who checked me in was less than helpful suggesting a good restaurant. The breakfast would have been fine if there had been enough milk for both of us to have the cereal. There was no staff around to ask for more, or at the desk when checking out.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Resort Manager at Fountains Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2006
I want to thank this customer for your valuable feedback. Please accept my apology for the any inconvenience that interfered with a relaxing stay.

At the Fountain Resort, our customer is always right. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. We only ask that if we are not in the office, please, call one of the two telephone numbers posted at the entrance to the main guest house.

Our service guarantee states that if we fail to correct a problem we will comp that nights stay. Concerns must be communicated to a resort employee and be within our control to correct.

Medford, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2006

I must have a little higher expectations than most people because I found the resort to be just OK. I didn't find the room overerly clean, maybe the regular housekeeper was on vacation. It was just OK. The rug really needed replacing as it had alot of stains on it. I was happy to have a frig & a microwave but from the descriptions, thought they would be at least in a little separate section. Didn't realize they were in place of my night stand right next to the bed. Since there were only 2 of us we only had 1 room. The pool & the hot tub were nice though & they were clean. All in all, it was Ok but we didn't find anything to rave about. Maybe we should have just had a different room since we stayed there 5 nights.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank dwellbrock
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2006

The rooms were clean & spacious. Neil Goetze the manager was very courteous & he did everything he could to make our stay special, & it was. The pool was beautiful & heated. We brought our two year old & he loved it! I would return again. We had a great nights sleep as the bed was very comfortable. It was also easy to find & close to the beaches.

• Stayed April 2006
Red Roof Inn Ft. Pierce
#15 of 24 in Fort Pierce
12.2 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce

Been to Fountains Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK