“Eh”

Comfort Suites Fort Pierce
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 28 February 2011

First I will start with the good...the staff was very friendly and tried to make the stay as pleasurable as possible.

Now the bad...where to start? The carpet throughout the hotel is stained (looks like bleach stains) and looks dirty. We got to our room and it smelled so bad, it seemed like the person prior to us had smoked several cartons of cigarettes in the room. I went back downstairs to get a room change however all of the rooms were full so we had to deal. The front desk did give us some spray to mask the odor but that only last for a few minutes. The floor was so nasty. My daughter walked from the shower to bed and the bottom of her feet were black! Ick! The mattress seemed like they were very old and broken down. I don't know if there was a ventilation issue but the rooms were very humid, we tried adjusting the air to fix it but nothing seemed to work. The pool was very warm but smelled horrible. I am not sure if they have a plumbing problem but the pool and hot tub water smelled like sewage, it was disgusting. I could only get the internet to work with a wired connection and even then it was so slow that I just gave up. I would recommend staying at Fairfield or Hampton Inn that is in the same parking lot. For $100 a night this was far from worth it =O(

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nsgrimm

Reviewed 28 January 2011

New hotel looked good at sight, we checked in, first in a room close to the elevator, and moved directly because of the noise.
We asked for a room away from the main street, wich we got, not knowing that there was a load of trucks, freezers, coming in on the back in the evening. Freezer means runing the engines all night...
The room was ok but the bathroom! wonder who built them, wallpaper not connected to the wall, the rest of the parts not really connecting to the other ones. The shower had hot water on the cold side,wich I can understand, we had the same in our Hostal in Mallorca
because the workers read hot and cold and tought that the c in cold was caliente wich means hot in spanish...
The breakfast was good, the staff was very good and helpful, the situation is good if you are travelling by.
If you are two persons who want to use aonecomputer each, go somewhere else, there is no wifi, only one dataport.. The connection does not support your own accesspoint.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skanoerse
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I chose this hotel because I was able to receive a great price. Even at the great price, I doubt I'll stay here again. The bed mattresses were not great, bathrooms needed care, fixed; holes in wall, peeling wall paper. Location was not the best. Standard free continental breakfast. Staff was adequate. Dryer took 2 hours to dry one load. Knob for the water in the tub was difficult to use, slow draining tub.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank citymouse22
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites two times last week, once on the way down to the Fl Keys and then on the road trip back home. It is right off the highway between I95 and the Turnpike (we were getting off the interstate and getting on the turnpike so this location was perfect). It's also a very popular truckers location b/c of this too. There are three hotels right together and there were large semis there both times, but there is more than adequate parking so this was a non-issue. There were six of us, three adults and three kids and we fit comfortably in the room. Let them know IN ADVANCE though if you will be using the sleeper sofa, the first night we were there they had a very difficult time finding bedding for us as the front desk attendant was unable to get into housekeeping. She actually gave us a key to an empty room and had us go and strip a bed ourselves to get the blankets. (I did not appreciate this at all!). The first night there the fire alarm also went off at 5:48 am b/c they were burning bfast, this was not a fun start to the day, but an honest mistake, so can't really complain. The beds were very comfy and the room was really clean. The bathtub was so clean I allowed my girls to take a bath in it. The first night we were there there was a family reunion taking up the third floor and in the evening they filled up the pool so the kids couldn't swim (no biggie) but on the way back they did get in the pool and it was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical, make your own waffles, assortment of breads, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, real juice, coffee, etc... Overall this is a good stopping point and you will get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank atcmom
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I recently stayed here and it was okay. The thing I didn't like most was the bathroom, there is no soap dish and barely anyplace to put soap, the workmanship is really shoddy (and it looks like a newer place), the wallpaper was coming off and you could tell things weren't measured correctly but no one really cares since it's a motel. Breakfast was okay, hot sausage patty and egg patty but not a whole lot else. Housekeeping didn't do that great of a job, but room was decent. My only other gripe was that I had been watching tv with my Mom (senior citizen) and we decided to go to dinner around 8:30pm and when we were going out of our room the old lady next door came out and yelled at us for being loud, which was odd since we were only watching tv. I told her if she thinks we were loud she should tell the front desk because it means the walls are thin-when we went outside I noticed that her room faced the pool and there were people screaming out there, so maybe she got confused? Anyway she was not only wrong but rude. I didn't like that. Odd because I was staying on the other side next to a family with teenagers and I never heard a peep.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family