“Rude staff ruined our wedding - no smile guarantee”
Review of Super 8 Ft. Pierce

Super 8 Ft. Pierce
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Baden-Baden
“Rude staff ruined our wedding - no smile guarantee”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

If we weren't late for our wedding we wouldn't have checked into this hotel.
The lady that checked us in didn't bother talking to us and said( while she was on the phone with a friend ) :" We don't negotiate our rates, this is not the vegetable market". The Reception was filled with a strong Indian Tandoori food smell. She suggested going to the next Motel down the street which we should've done.

We flew into Ft. Pierce with a private plane and should've listened to the airport's recommendation not to stay there.
I'd advise future clients not to support a rude business like this one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank manuelrauch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
North Dakota
Reviewed 27 February 2009

The price was fantastic for the area. The room was very well kept. The room was spotless and and the bedspread looked new. The room had a larger refridg, microwaver, hair drayer, iron with full size ironing board and a coffee maker. This place is a real gem!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank VacationLady_9
Niagara Falls, ON
Reviewed 25 February 2009

This is a very small, park in front of your room motel. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Problem was with the office, which is a separate building, obviously living quarters for the owners. The smell of curry was ever present and the 'Superstart' breakfast was an absolute joke: prepackaged, hard as a rock bagles and honey buns, 3 (yes 3) individual boxes of cereal, what smelled like sour milk, the wateriest coffee I have ever seen, and that was it. Needless to say we passed on that and went elsewhere. If breakfast isn't a big deal, then the motel is fine.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fallsdude
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 8 February 2009

During my trip down Florida's east coast I was looking for a place to spend the night, somewhere south of Cape Canaveral and north of Palm Beach. My tour book didn't show too many cities along the way so I went online and checked on TripAdvisor. Fort Pierce seemed about right locationwise, so after reading the latest review I decided to make a reservation. The Super 8 motel offered an extremely, almost scary low price, which left me wondering where I was headed...
Ariving in Fort Pierce I quickly found the motel. The property is very small, consists of two small two-story buildings and a small pool on the other side of the parking spaces. Fort Pierce, or at least the area alongside US-1, did not leave a very good impression with me - many closed shops, gas stations, restaurants, the area had something of a ghost-town. It didn't feel too uncomfortable, but I was nevertheless surprised. There are some fast-food restaurants about a mile south of the motel.
The property itself doesn't look like much from the outside, but I can't complain about the rooms. They were clean, the furniture was in good shape, there was a small refridgerator, a microwave, a large television and very good wireless internet access.
Overall the hotel was good, especially for the extremely low price, but I didn't like the neighborhood - I wasn't too sad leaving the next morning. If you're looking for a place in the area of Fort Pierce and you're on a budget, stay here, the hotel is in good shape. If you're willing to look in the surrounding areas or spend a little more, consider different cities or e.g. the new (2008) La Quinta property near I-95.

• Liked — price, internet access
  • Disliked — location/neighborhood
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank aRTie81
New York
Reviewed 9 March 2008

There are really only 3 things I need when traveling: a bed, a shower, and WORKING Internet. This hit all 3 and was a big reason why this trip was so enjoyable. I stayed there for 7 of the 10 nights I was in Florida; central spot between Dodgertown and Port St. Lucie which is what I needed. Much better than the Days Inn Midtown I stayed at last year. No moldy smell and the Internet had an excellent connection throughout the stay.

Great price (70-80); thought I might be traveling with some friends but they backed out. Staff upgraded me to a king-bed room since I was by myself.

This hotel was perfect for this single traveler; can't make up my mind if I had a family if I would stay there...there were some truckers/bikers on various nights but you'll have that in just about any hotel along I-95.

• Liked — Convenient location, good price, working Internet to keep in touch with business while away
  • Disliked — Any complaints would be nitpicking
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank OJFNR