“noisy but wonderful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The best clam chowder,great burgers and fish sandwiches-we eat there every time we go to ft pierce

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Arrived at 6:15 and the restaurant was crowded. We had two options, wait for an inside table or sit immediately outside? We sat outside. Mistake.

The hostess did not offer a menu or assist in seating, she just told us to sit anywhere. For the next 15 minutes we struggled to get our table cleaned, set and receive menus. After we received our drinks, we sat another 15 minutes waiting to order dinner.

It was obvious that the two waitresses working outside were over loaded, resulting in poor service.

When we finally received our meal, the salad was fine but the burger was not cooked to order. We ordered medium but it was very well done. The waitress never checked back to see if we were satisfied or offer any assistance. No drink refills, nothing.

We finished our meal at 8:00 and we asked for our check. When the waitress asked, "how was the meal?" We were honest and she asked why we had not told her about the burger. I explained that once the meal was served, she never returned to the table. She removed the burger from the bill and apologized.

We are Fort Pierce locals and want to support our local businesses. The food at 12A Buoy is good but suffers as the crowd size increases. It appears that the outside eating area is secondary in importance. It's an overflow area for the restaurant that is understaffed and poorly serviced.

After several lunch and dinner experiences at 12 A Buoy, I would recommend it for lunch but not for dinner unless you arrive VERY early.

2  Thank Fr8rone
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Took my family there twice last week on vacation. The food is very good. I got the catch of the day the first night, Dolphin. It was fresh and great. The second evening I wanted the fresh catch, but we got there too late.... 7:00!! I don't like to force feed myself a steak at 4:30 and prefer eating meals 6:30 or later. They don't have enough fresh catch to last that long. That's my only complaint.

1  Thank Taylor6String
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My boyfriend and I shared a bowl of New England clam showder and 2 appetizers (lobster mac n cheese and shrimp and grits) and that was way enough. Everything was really creamy, but not in a good way. The soup was good, but the other two were just OK.

The atmosphere is really dark, kind of pub-ish, which is not what we're looking for when we're at the beach.

At least the service was fast... although almost too fast. The server brought our bill without even asking us if we wanted something else or dessert. All and all, a very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I had the Mahi Mahi, my wife had the Citrus Snapper. Mine was very good, hers was great. When you go prepare to wait even if you get seated right away.

Been to 12A Buoy? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK