“Great Room & View”

Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Celebration, Florida
“Great Room & View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Thanks Pink Shell for a great visit! We were only going to stay one night, but added a second because the resort was so great. Our studio was perfect...great view (from both directions...gulf from the lanai, and the bay when you walked out of the room), new furnishings, nice kitchen area, and ohhh, that relaxing screened porch with the wicker chaise and rocker. We had our kayaks with and could launch the from right across the street in the marina (where there were docks to fish from - no license needed because it is part of the resort!). The complimentary breakfast buffet was amazing, the pools nice, and everything was great. We will be back!

Room Tip: 5th Floor Sanibel View Studio
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Ted Y, Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and opinions regarding our Resort! I know I speak for our entire staff when I say that it is our pleasure to make your beach vacation as fun and as memorable as possible. We’re thrilled to hear that you will stay with us again in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (962)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Pink Shell is right on the beach with beautiful views of Fort Myers and Sanibel Island. First
thing we noticed was the friendliness of the staff. They were attentive and very accommodating throughout the resort (housekeeping, front desk, restaurants).
We ate in three of the hotel restaurants, and all three were very good. We especially liked the morning breakfast/brunch. The cold buffet (incuded in room price) was plentiful. For $8.00 more, we could get the hot buffet (omelettes and waffles made to order).
Our room was in the Sanibel View building. It is one ot the older buildings, but we were very comfortable there. We had a pool directly ouside of Sanibel that was never crowded. Our only complaint was the elevator in our building. There were two elevators, and one often wasn't working properly.Other guests in our building also complained about having to wait so long for
an elevator. Also, the elevators in Sanibel are not air conditioned, (very hot on some of the warmer days we were there). We reported the elevator to the front desk, and it seemed to work our last couple of days. The front desk told us no one had reported the elevator problem to
them prior to our reporting it .

Overall, we would give Pink Shell a 4.5. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Sanibel View building seemed to be quieter overall.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank TRICIAs.
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

With 2 lanais and a hot tub always help me relax, every time I come. Highly recommend. Agree with cnash about lackluster staff, but there were a few stars that shined, like Bill at the front desk and the maintenance lady (wish I could remember her name) but they both went out of their way to help us. Housekeeping leaves alot to be desired. Dirty floors, not enough soap or toilet paper, but those problems were resolved. Otherwise I highly recommend the Pink Shell. We always go there for several weekends a year (we live in the next town over from Fort Myers Beach, so we're regulars.) ...and we'll keep going! Love the Pink Shell :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne I
Thank you for sharing about your experience at our Resort! I’m happy to hear you found our Deluxe Suite so relaxing. Before I came to work here, my wife and I stayed in a Captiva Villas Deluxe Suite and it is her favorite room type as well. I look forward to sharing your comments with Bill and our maintenance staff.

I do apologize that your housekeeping service did not live up to our reputation. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention and allowing us to make it right. I know I speak for the rest of our staff when I say that we are thrilled to hear you would recommend us and that you will be returning! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here during our first trip to Ft. Myers Beach. It was a great hotel, and we're glad we stayed here. The service was great. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly. The room was superb, and the view from the balcony was unbeatable. We loved the bar / restaurant at the hotel (Bongos) and ate there often. The food was excellent down there.

My only "complaint" is that, while the hotel offers beach chairs for free, you have to "rent" an umbrella for $10 / day. They also offer nicer chairs for rent as well. That seemed a little bit "commercialized" to me, but not a big deal. We actually bought our own umbrella for $10 in town and used it the whole trip :)

If we ever plan another trip to Ft. Myers Beach, this would definitely be the place we stay again.

Charlie

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie S
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was my first trip to Ft. Myers Beach Florida. I had no choice of hotels as I was going to a wedding and everyone was staying at the Pink Shell. We had booked a two queen room but they only had a one king room when we checked in. When they realized their mistake, they upgraded us at no cost to a two bedroom suite. This was the size of an apartment. We had a kitchen, dining area, living room, two bedrooms with 3 beds, two baths, a jacuzzi bath tub. Oh wow, this place was fabulous. The gift shop rocks. I love the beach towels and resort wear they sale. The food and drinks were very tropical and good! Fantastic staff and hotel. I loved it. I will definitely stay there again. The beds were so so comfortable, great plasma tv (one in living room and one in each bedroom)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Edison Beach House
#2 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews
2.2 km away
DiamondHead Beach Resort
DiamondHead Beach Resort
#9 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,083 reviews

Been to Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK