Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 206
US$ 201
Dolphin Inn(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 99
US$ 383
US$ 265
Outrigger Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 229
US$ 193
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 183
US$ 176
Pointe Estero Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 1,148
US$ 230
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 228
US$ 193
Travelocity
GullWing Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 237
US$ 199
Travelocity
Edison Beach House(Fort Myers Beach)
US$ 176
3,817 results
All reviewssanibel viewmain buildingcaptiva buildingthe white sandsbreakfast buffetmain poolpaddle boardsroom keyfull kitcheneach morningdolphin tourchairs and umbrellasone bedroom suitefamily vacationscreened in porchwasher and dryeran umbrella
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Pink Shell is right on the beach with beautiful views of Fort Myers and Sanibel Island. First
thing we noticed was the friendliness of the staff. They were attentive and very accommodating throughout the resort (housekeeping, front desk, restaurants).
We ate in three of the hotel restaurants, and all three were very good. We especially liked the morning breakfast/brunch. The cold buffet (incuded in room price) was plentiful. For $8.00 more, we could get the hot buffet (omelettes and waffles made to order).
Our room was in the Sanibel View building. It is one ot the older buildings, but we were very comfortable there. We had a pool directly ouside of Sanibel that was never crowded. Our only complaint was the elevator in our building. There were two elevators, and one often wasn't working properly.Other guests in our building also complained about having to wait so long for
an elevator. Also, the elevators in Sanibel are not air conditioned, (very hot on some of the warmer days we were there). We reported the elevator to the front desk, and it seemed to work our last couple of days. The front desk told us no one had reported the elevator problem to
them prior to our reporting it .

Overall, we would give Pink Shell a 4.5. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Sanibel View building seemed to be quieter overall.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Thank TRICIAs.
Reviewed 27 July 2012

With 2 lanais and a hot tub always help me relax, every time I come. Highly recommend. Agree with cnash about lackluster staff, but there were a few stars that shined, like Bill at the front desk and the maintenance lady (wish I could remember her name) but they both went out of their way to help us. Housekeeping leaves alot to be desired. Dirty floors, not enough soap or toilet paper, but those problems were resolved. Otherwise I highly recommend the Pink Shell. We always go there for several weekends a year (we live in the next town over from Fort Myers Beach, so we're regulars.) ...and we'll keep going! Love the Pink Shell :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne I
Ted Y, Manager at Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you for sharing about your experience at our Resort! I’m happy to hear you found our Deluxe Suite so relaxing. Before I came to work here, my wife and I stayed in a Captiva Villas Deluxe Suite and it is her favorite room type as well. I look forward to sharing your comments with Bill and our maintenance staff.

I do apologize that your housekeeping service did not live up to our reputation. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention and allowing us to make it right. I know I speak for the rest of our staff when I say that we are thrilled to hear you would recommend us and that you will be returning! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here during our first trip to Ft. Myers Beach. It was a great hotel, and we're glad we stayed here. The service was great. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly. The room was superb, and the view from the balcony was unbeatable. We loved the bar / restaurant at the hotel (Bongos) and ate there often. The food was excellent down there.

My only "complaint" is that, while the hotel offers beach chairs for free, you have to "rent" an umbrella for $10 / day. They also offer nicer chairs for rent as well. That seemed a little bit "commercialized" to me, but not a big deal. We actually bought our own umbrella for $10 in town and used it the whole trip :)

If we ever plan another trip to Ft. Myers Beach, this would definitely be the place we stay again.

Charlie

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was my first trip to Ft. Myers Beach Florida. I had no choice of hotels as I was going to a wedding and everyone was staying at the Pink Shell. We had booked a two queen room but they only had a one king room when we checked in. When they realized their mistake, they upgraded us at no cost to a two bedroom suite. This was the size of an apartment. We had a kitchen, dining area, living room, two bedrooms with 3 beds, two baths, a jacuzzi bath tub. Oh wow, this place was fabulous. The gift shop rocks. I love the beach towels and resort wear they sale. The food and drinks were very tropical and good! Fantastic staff and hotel. I loved it. I will definitely stay there again. The beds were so so comfortable, great plasma tv (one in living room and one in each bedroom)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lufia
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed at Pink Shell for 1 week following a hectic week in Orlando. Great location, fabulous clean beach and powdery sand.
Shame the staff let the hotel down while we were there. Not much enthusiasm, would rather chat to each other while watching the local birdlife feast on the leftover food by the pool. Confusion over bills, being invisible at the bar, and other lacklustre service leads to the average review, although you won't be disappointed by the hotel location, beach and condos.

The free continental breakfast is good but beware being charged $15 for additional kids breakfast (?) seriously, for a slice of toast and a juice it was ridiculous, we complained and got it for $5 a day.

Food at Bongos is great. Plenty to choose from, and childrens meals fresh and healthy choices available.

We stayed in Captiva villas building, fourth floor and had fantastic big balcony with dining table, 4 chairs and 2 extra comfy chairs for eenjoying the view.

The condo is beautifully decorated and well furnished inc dishwasher and huge fridge freezer. Also free use of the laundry (1 on each floor) was great as I did my washing before going home!

Fort Myers beach lacks a little in nice restaurants, so I wouldn't rush back there. We loved Sanibel and Captiva, and recommend a trip there.

Try the Thomas Edison Estate for a day out, and include the river boat tour, saw dolphins, and had great lunch in the yacht club. Loved the museum and houses, some culture after Orlando!

Room Tip: Captiva Villas ask for a high floor Fabulous gulf front views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family