“This was great way to get to Key West from Ft. Myers Beach!”
Review of Key West Express

Key West Express
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get away to Key West, America's Caribbean Paradise, aboard Key West Express, where getting there is half the fun! What are you waiting for? Climb aboard our sleek, clean, modern, air-conditioned high-speed ferries - Features sundecks, snack bar, cocktails, and big-screen TVs - and we'll have you there in just a few hours!
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We did this all in one day but it was too short to do all we wanted. I would suggest staying overnight if you can. The movie on the boat was difficult as had to read captions. The tables are nice if you bring cards, that is very fun. It was too windy on the top deck. The chairs were all wet inside in the morning on the top two decks. We wish we would have had towels as wanted to be up there but did not bring change of clothes so didn;t want to be all wet. Overall, very nice experience.Did not like to have to check in to get boarding letter in order to get good seats on way back, it cut into our time. Then, when we went back, they said we already had letter and wish we had known that as wasted about half hour going there and waiting in line.

1  Thank sunandbeach03
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had contemplated driving to Key West since I live in Florida..... but oh soooo happy I didn't ... The Jet Boat was very reasonable .... and comfortable.. couldn't believe how many people it held .... boarding back to Key West was a little hairy but when you are dealing with that many people there has to be a system and be patient... I would use the Key West Express again. It was a 4 hour trip...

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We took the Key West Express from Marco Island. This large catamaran has very comfortable seating and moves at about 40 mph and got us to Key West in 3 hours. It was a bit windy but the boat is large enough that it wasn't at all uncomfortable. A number of passengers had luggage and planned to stay overnight but we chose a leisurely lunch at the Hard Rock and spent the rest of the afternoon wandering the various shops on Duval Street and Mallory Square. Key West is a great little town but the drive is a long one. Key West Express is a terrific alternative.

2  Thank fobisque
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Overall, taking the express back and forth from Fort Myres to key west was a good experience. The crew were helpful and friendly. The way to key west was a little bumpy, and some people got motion sickness. So, you might want to consider taking some anti sea sickness pills. The boat also had a bar, a place to buy food, and modern bathrooms, which was nice. Tickets are sort if expensive though- around $154 for an adult round trip plus parking charges if you park your car at the marina.

1  Thank Katethegreat594
Reviewed 21 February 2012

At first I was a bit shocked by the price but when I saw the ship I understood why...huge yacht, multi decked with speeds that surprised me I have to say. The staff was really friendly & professional, and the seating was great. Now if you don't get there early as they will instruct you to, you might end up sitting on the back desk the whole ride. Some think that's no biggie, but you're really going fast & its more comfortable out of the wind for a 3.5 hour ride! They have a full bar(not included in ticket price),snacks & play movies & music the entire ride. I definitely would recommend this as part of your Key West getaway, so much fun.

1  Thank ejhensley