“Jefferson Starship, a comfortable beach retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Zh B
Saltsburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice, but not on the beach!”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

The ad and pictures led me to believe this property was on the beach. It is NOT. My plan was to have a place on the beach, so we could sit, watch, and listen to the Gulf. We are senior citizens, so the block long walk to the beach, wasn't what we wanted to do. The apartment was spacious, plus the owner was very nice. While the size of the apartment was spacious, the owner was very nice, the apartment is NOT a beach apartment. Thus, we were very disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked least: Apartment is NOT on the beach!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
3 Dec 2015
I am sorry you were not aware that the apartment was not on the beach. There is a map on the ad that shows that it is across the road from the beach, and the walk to the beach hasn't posed a problem for any of my guests. If you had expressed your disappointment when you were here, I would have happily tried to fine you another place to stay. You were here in April, and waited until November to post this, so I really don't know why it took you so long to voice your disappointment.
SeaDog195...
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Jefferson Starship, a comfortable beach retreat”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and our sweet dog Buster had the pleasure of vacationing at Wils's cute apartment for 2 weeks. All we needed was our toothbrushes. Wils provided the rest . Even bicycles, beach chairs and beach mats were included. We are sun worshipers and were pleased that the beach was only a two minute walk from the apartment. Most mornings we took a brisk walk to Heavenly Biscuit for breakfast. Junkanoo on the beach just a block away has a great lunch menu and boasts a beautiful sunset every evening.
If you are looking for a posh resort, Jefferson Starship is not that place. Wils place is a loved, clean, retreat close to the beach, shopping and restaurants. We tried to book for 2016 but unfortunately it was already booked for January February and March.
Thank you Wils for making our vacation a memorable one. We hope to return soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to the beach. Friendly hosts.
Liked least: Close proximity to adjacent properties
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
Olga J R
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Exactly what we needed!”
Reviewed 1 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

It was our first time in Ft. Myers Beach. We were looking for relaxation and some fun with not a lot of hassle. The apartment was clean, with lots of light, close access to beaches and fun, if we wanted to venture in that direction. We had options of eating out or cooking in, comfortably. We had bad colds to nurse for the first two days, but got out for walks on the beach and dinner. Very comfortable and convenient, and well-priced. Would definitely stay there again when we return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and accessibility to everything.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
jennie w
oslo
“Paradise- dream!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked Airy Beach Apartment in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida for a vacation from June 30th – August 5th, 2014. As a single mom travelling from Oslo, Norway with two young children, I worried about travelling so far from home, and having a safe place for my boys. Also, I needed high-speed internet since I would be working some of the time I was there. The owners assured me all would be fine. When I arrived, the apartment was everything I had hoped for, airy, bright, and clean. Everything was furnished including beach chairs. The couch was a hide-a-bed for my boys, and we were very comfortable! The apartment is just steps to the beautiful beach. The owners were very accommodating to all my needs! It turned out to be very relaxing, and the best vacation my boys and I have ever had. I also want to say that the place is bigger than on the pictures.

Travelling group: Young Children
Mary Beth...
North Bay, New York
“Perfect for a beach getaway!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment has everything you need for the beach and to cook meals if you choose. Bikes are provided for exploring and a beach cart with chairs for a short walk to the beach. There is plenty of outdoor space, including a great deck where you can grill and relax. The location was perfect for us as we enjoy walking to the beach, bars and restaurants. Everything you can think of is within a 5 to 15 minute walk. The owners, Wils and David, are fantastic and will help with whatever you need to make your stay as stress-free as possible.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Access to beach.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing