“Front Desk with Attitude”

Travelodge Fort Myers Airport
Ranked #46 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Lahaina
“Front Desk with Attitude”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I encountered incredibly rude front desk clerk (PM shift) on Thanksgiving Day 2011. I called the front desk to inquire about wireless connection because I couldn't get the internet working. All I was told was something is wring with my laptop, not their wireless network. I asked fo asistance but the front desk clerk rejected my request saying "No Maam. I'm the only one here." When I mentioned the fact that wireless connection is included in the rate, therefore, I am entitled to internet access. Then the front desk clerk cut me off saying, "you can talk to our manager in the morning". Throughout the time, I was polite and patient, BUT enough was enough. I hangup the phone. Fortuately, my laptop began picking up wireless signals & solved the problem by itself. A few minutes larter, someone from front desk knocked on my door. I was so sick of their quaity of guest service that I didn't even want to speak to the front desk guy anymore. Then my room phone started ringing repeatedly. I had to unplug phone cord from the phone jack. After a long day of traveling, I just want to settle in and relax. Don't they know that???

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
I'm sorry about your experience. We try to help all our guests to the best of our technical ability. Internet service that we provide is free and readily accessible to all.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again,
Owner
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pontiac, Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Debbie and the other desk clerks helped us find all our destinations. They made our vaction more enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport. I'm pleased to hear that Debbie was helpful and resourceful with your traveling plans.
Hope to see you in the near future.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I, and her service dog, spent several nights in this TraveLodge. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for an economical overnight stay. We had a handicapped room and it was very clean and quiet, and easily accessible for my wife's wheelchair. There is also reserved handicapped parking adjacent to the main entrance.
When I made the reservation I stated that we would be travelling with a Service Dog, and was told that was fine and all I needed to do was present her documentation to avoid the $15 per night pet fee. Check in was a breeze and the verification of the dog's status was painless. Breakfasts were cold cereal, fruit, baked goods and to drink fruit juice/milk/coffee/tea. The staff was friendly and helpful. We especially appreciated the courtesy and kindness of Darius and Maria. They were unfailingly gracious and helpful, and made our stay a delight. My wife and I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Staziu
Thank you for a nice review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope you doing well and hope to see you in the near future.
Otto
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My experience with this hotel was extremely satisfying. I dealt with 3 people during my stay and they were ALL very friendly and helpful. First was Les, he was the person on duty when I checked in and he was very friendly, courteous and helpful. I asked him about the possibility of getting another room next to the one I had booked because my daughter wanted to invite a friend to spend the night with her. He said he did not see a problem with that but that I should speak with Maria in the morning to see if the people next door would be checking out or not. The next morning I spoke with Maria. She too was friendly and very helpful. To make a long story short, she was able to get me 2 rooms next to each other. The only issue was that I would have to move from my current room because the room next to me was a handicapped room and they needed it open in case any handicapped individuals booked a room. I had no problem with that at all. I was grateful that she could accommodate me. The last person I dealt with was Debbie. She was the person in charge when we checked out. We left very early in the morning (4 A.M.) on July 4th to head back home. I assumed the breakfast would not be out yet since it was so early. Lo and behold, when we got downstairs, Debbie had already put out the breakfast because she knew some people would be leaving early and she wanted them to be able to get something to eat before they left. AMAZING!!! She also put some fruits and pastries in a bag for us to take on our trip home. If that's not Excellent Customer Service, then I don't know what is. Bottom line, this hotel cannot be beat. It's inexpensive, it's close to I-75 and the people are very friendly. WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank sizquier66
Thank you for a wonderful review. I'm very pleased to hear that our front desk employees were able to accommodate you and exceed the expectations.
Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was a little bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor so my husband and I were expecting the worst when staying here. As soon as we pulled up we were pleasantly surprised. Most hotels of this star quality have outside corridors which we do not like but this Travelodge had indoor corridors. The staff member at the front desk who checked us in was very nice and we noticed how clean the lobby was. We stayed on the top floor and as soon as we turned on the light in our room we both were pleasantly surprised again. The room was not outdated like some of the reviews stated and it was a good size for the price. The room was clean, the bed was clean and even the bathroom was clean (the only minor issue we noticed with the bathroom was there looked to be some dirt or mud or something else on the bottom of the toilet)! We will definitely be staying here again when we return to Fort Myers in the fall for a couple of weeks. This hotel for the price we paid was AWESOME!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maryme107
Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you here and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fort Myers.