“Slightly better than staying in a manger”

Quality Suites Fort Myers – I-75
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 18 February 2009

The clerk was nice, but got no support from owner. WiFi doesn't work in the rooms; only in lobby. The desk clerk ran out of ethernet cables. The desk clerk left at 9:30pm, while I was using the WiFi in the lobby. She said, "I have to run to the airport to pick up some guests." She left me in the lobby to receive guests. For the first twenty minutes I received greeted guests with the unbelievable news. They just sat and waited for the clerk and van to return. Breakfast was bad. Most of the food was gone and slow to get replenished. The owner, who drove a Lexus, was standing behind the counter when I checked out. He was using a computer. When I told the above to the checkout clerk, the owner never even looked up from his computer. My advice, stay in corporately owned hotels. These franchise owned hotels vary too greatly. Some are good, but then you get one like this. Good Luck

Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Quality Suites Fort Myers – I-75

Reviewed 31 January 2009

I checked into this poor excuse for a hotel expecting something at least comfortable and safe. Boy was I wrong! The hotel may be close to the airport, but it was in a very seedy area, with a busy gas station right out front. The rooms are very small and the hotel itself was run down. There is nothing around it, but the gas station and I did not feel safe at all. The so-called staff was USELESS (enough said). For all of these reasons, I felt that I was better off staying someplace else. I only wished that some had warned me in advance.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank cardinal
Reviewed 9 March 2008

Stayed two nights here at the Comfort Suites, Ft Myers Airport. Decided to try this place after reading some reviews from this site & am very disappointed.

The location is very convenient to the airport which was great but the property is shabby. Looking down the hallway, you can see stained carpeting, probably from guests dropping their free breakfasts, but still, not a pretty site. Many door frames look weathered... our room looked like someone previously attempted to use a crowbar to break in.

As for the room, average. King size bed, basic linens, older TV... without a remote... the front desk gave us a replacement but only the on-off & up-down buttons worked. The bathroom was old. Tile was not attractive and old... grout needed a good cleaning. Shower pressure poor... but Florida is in a drought. There is a recliner but someone took the lightbulbs from the desk lamp & recliner lamp, which no one seemed to notice before preparing the room. Last, the walls allow you to hear pretty much anything that's going on in the hallway, which during the free breakfast hours, is a lot of activity.

The suite did have a nice fridge & microwave & VCR & free wi-fi... of which I'm using to write this review. Breakfast was simple... waffles, bacon, packaged danish & bagels. Clean & well attended to by staff.

Staff was very helpful in giving us directions to ballparks & shopping. Response to our remote & lightbulb requests were very prompt.

Basically, competition for this is Holiday Inn Express & Hyatt Place & this property doesn't compare to the quality of one of those spots. I got a fair rate of $198 for two nights via the Choice Hotel website. I overheard a guy checking in last night getting a rate of $179 for the night... this place totally doesn't warrant that price!

On the hopeful side, there is construction directly across the Interstate of a new Comfort Inn & Suites... looks to be completed by this summer. Looks very nice with a Starbucks building right next to it.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elsal
Reviewed 25 September 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Suites this summer while visiting friends in the area. They were so very accomodating for the entire week we were there.
My husband and I flew in, and their shuttle came and picked us up very promptly It was so nice to not worry about taking a taxi, or waiting for one.
The Comfort Suites staff was very friendly and accomodating. They were remodeling the hotel during our stay, but still kept a very neat and orderly atmosphere for us. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The maid service was very efficient.
The Continental Breakfast was excellent. The food was very fresh and well displayed. We did not expect such a wide variety of foods in a Continental Breakfast, especially when it is included in the room fee. Usually when the breakfast is included in the room fee you end up with cold cereal and a piece of toast. The breakfast lady was so friendly and very much on the ball about keeping things stocked for us all.
The pool outside was quite nice and there was a great place to just sit and enjoy the sunshine next to the pool. It was also very nice to have a bar on site so we did not have to leave to have a drink when we returned in the evening.
One great thing about this hotel was the location. It is really close to the Interstate and made it so easy to go to the areas we were travelling to.
My husband and I were both really impressed with the outgoing personality and friendliness of the hotels Manager. She was very informative on places of interest and also very knowledgeable about restaurants to eat at. By the time we left the hotel at the end of the week we felt like family.
This is an excellent place to stay, very reasonable, and a nice quiet location. Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blondmama
Reviewed 25 September 2007

We have just returned from a three days at the Comfort Suites Airport. The hotel is 5 stars and we have never experienced such incredible service before. Its soo near the interstate, and with the hotels free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel its sooo easy. The pool is fantastic as is the on site /bar and lounge!

The staff is very friendly and the hotels manager is amazing. She did everything she could to accomidate us and our three children including tracking a crib down.

The cleaning staff kept the hotel amazingly clean for as high traffic as it was, and the continental breakfast was great! This is a must stay for family's!! Kid friendly and we will definantly be a return customer!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family