All reviews free laundry room was clean property is conveniently located nice workout facility small apartment table with chairs similar hotels desk personnel extended stay pots and pans coffee machine every request upon checkout sized fridge comforts of home five nights reasonable rates
Reviewed 14 April 2018

We checked into our room at 3:30 PM. The manager on duty, Vinnie Patel, proceeded to assign us the worst room in the hotel, one that virtually opened directly into the lobby! I could understand if we checked in late at night but this was 30 minutes after check-in for the day began. After returning the room key, he reassigned us a new room - next door to the original one! This was a little better and since we had things to do we did not chose to go back and get a third room assignment. Since he gave us this room on the 2nd try, it was obviously available when he gave us the initial room.

In the lobby was a notice that anyone who books through a 3rd party site (Expedia, Trivago, etc.) cannot change their reservation in any form on check-in. Clearly the management has established a pecking order for guests, which may mean that Mr. Patel and other desk personnel are instructed to assign the least desirable rooms to those booking through 3rd party sites. Either way, it is something to be aware of when using this property.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Hi soccermomFlorida,

I am grateful to you for being one of our guests at Candlewood Suites Ft. Myers I-75, and getting out of your way to leave us your feedback. I understand that your stay was not a complete success because of the level of service received and the room assigned was a letdown. We will share your thoughts to our team for continued improvements necessary.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope we get the pleasure of hosting you on your next visit in the area.

Ronald R.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Room was very nice. Very clean. A lot of the room looked recently updated. It was quiet, very close to interstate. Only 5 or 6 miles from Cape Coral, but $100 less than similar hotels in the Cape. Close to Target, Best Buy, Buffalo Wild Wings. Also only about a 1/2 mile from Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and a Golden Corral. Will definitely stay there again !!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank V8Mafia
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I found that his would be a great place for an extended stay, the suite had a full size refrigerator and a dishwasher. The kitchenette was fully stocked with dishes and cooking pans. They also had a lending locker with things like blenders, waffle irons, and board games. We only stayed two days so we did not have time to take advantage of the perks. Our room was clean and spacious, with plenty of room to work at the built in desk. The guests seemed to be business and construction workers, not really a family hotel as far as I could tell. The staff was accommodating but very unfriendly at check-in and check-out.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lori D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Lori D,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience. I'm glad that our location was convenient and that the in-room kitchen was suitable for your travel needs. I do want to apologize for any disappointment with the level of staff service you have received. We always strive to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable and it is very troubling to know that we were not able to make that happen during your stay.

As a valued guest, please know that your comments will not go unnoticed as I have already shared this with our front office and management team. We will continuously reinforce training and monitor our hotel's performance in order to achieve guest satisfaction.

We hope you will give us another change to welcome you and show you our true levels of hospitality.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

When you visit any hotel, something that strikes the most is the behaviour of the management. This hotel will let you down badly in this context. The owner Vinnie Patel left no stone unturned in misbehaving with me and my fellow six colleagues. I have email proof of her misbehavior. We were running into a problem where their ruthless system was continually deducting money five times of our rental and the hotel was shunning away from providing help. On top of that, they were giving us warnings. I as a visitor from a multi national organisation will never ever recommend this place. They went to that extent that our people felt harassed. We ended up in changing the hotel. Poorest hospitality. Don't stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GauravN282
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hello Gaurav N,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Candlewood Suites Ft Myers I-75, FL. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with customer service. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Ft Myers.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I'm giving minimum rating for this place, solely because of the treatment we faced from the hotel management.
Accomodation was good, wifi was good, we had kitchen facilities - everything was in place, except the kind of treatment we faced.
International travellers usually get a prepaid card from their company with enough amount to cover their entire stay. Hotels are expected to either hold the amount for the entire stay and leave the Credit card alone, or deduct amount on a weekly basis. But that wasn't the case with Candlewood.
I don't know if this was a human error or system error, but I was losing money every alternate day from my card though the 2 weeks I stayed here. The logic of hotel management was that extra amount would be reversed during check-out. But this is absurd logic, considering I was travelling on a prepaid card and not an unlimited Credit Card. While I raised my concerns multiple times with the front desk, I wasn't getting any helpful response. Instead, me and the group of people I was travelling with were seen as poor people begging the Hotel staff to let us stay there.
We are working class people travelling internationally, and their treatment was nothing but an insult to us. Due to this, we had to cut short our stay by 2 weeks !
Kindly treat the guests staying at your hotel with respect .

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hi vidya r,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay and choosing our hotel. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure you have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your comments about the WIFI and rooms is appreciated.

However, I am sorry you felt the level of customer service delivered by the hotel staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. Your comments will be reviewed by the u0pper management as this allows us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Once again, thank you for your comments as I look forward to your response.

Regards,