“Great neighborhood restaurant ”

Salty Papa's Shrimp House
Ranked #49 of 958 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Locally-owned and operated by lifelong SW Florida resident/restaurant professional, serving decadent food made from fresh ingredients; no pre-made chain restaurant food here! Casual neighborhood vibe perfect for Florida, homemade Olde Florida and classical southern cuisine with a fresh twist! Safe, fresh and sustainable wild-caught U.S. seafood and Pink Gulf Shrimp; never imported, never pond raised. Known for indulgent favorites such as Charleston Shrimp & Grits, Red Creole Jambalaya and Sweet Spiced Chicken & Waffles. Very large menu including fresh soups and salads, natural chicken, black angus certified beef, appetizers and more. Full liquor bar, gluten-free menu, outdoor puppy friendly dining, all-day happy hour, kids menu.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted something close by and decided to visit Salty Papa's. Great choice! We were sat right away as we were ahead of the dinner/after work crowd. Good thing, as it got very busy and they were on a wait. We had a cup if jambalaya and it was absolutely delicious! My husband had the breaded chicken breast with sausage gravy and mashed potatoes. The chicken breasts were huge and juicy and lightly, crispy breaded. I ordered the fish and chips with fries and cole slaw. It was very good. The menu you choices are endless and tend to be New Orleans southern cuisine. I will definitely try shrimp and grits next time! The service was good. It is a busy and lively place. The only downside would be the music as it was somewhat annoying. Give this place a try! You won't be sorry! Enjoy!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I enjoyed the shrimp and grits. Tasted just like the dish in Louisiana. The shrimp was cooked just perfect, andouille sausage was great. . My friend had jambalaya very tasty nice spice to it. Not a fancy place nice and casual. Wait staff all very friendly. Will be making another visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The gumbo was hot and spicy and they served to me with the rice on the side. My wife’s sprimp dish was plentiful with a smoky flavor. Service was a little slow but ok as the place was full. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that they appeared to be under staffed for a Friday night on a holiday weekend. We got there and was told for a party of six that the wait would 45 minutes, which is fine they have a nice outdoor sitting area. There were several tables inside and outside that were empty and not seated. We finally got a table about an hour and half later. We ordered oysters, shrimp and salads. I ordered a side salad as an appetizer and it came after my meal was served. We were never offered any drink refills. We had one order that was being shared and asked for an extra plate when we ordered and when the food was served, ten minutes later we went up and asked for a plate and treated like a criminal. The food was good but the service was terrible. Our waitress Lauren seemed overwhelmed and did not smile the whole time we were there.

1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This was our second time at Salty Papa's in the last two years as we visited friends in Ft. Myers. We enjoyed the shrimp as much this time as last.

Check out Salty Papa's Facebook page for info on their "Facebook Shrimp" lunch special -- excellent shrimp and a great value. It's a 2-for-1 ($20.50 for two) shrimp plates (fried, grilled or broiled) along with a choice of sides. The sweet potato fries are very good!

If you're not on Facebook or don't want to take the time, just tell your Salty Papa's server that you want the "Facebook Shrimp" and and you'll get the deal. Note, too, that Happy Hour includes a selection of tap beers (including Yuengling) at $2.00.
Recommended!