“Convenient, clean, & friendly”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Typical of most Hampton Inn hotels, the Colonial Hampton in Fort Myers was a good value with pleasant customer service, clean rooms, and a satisfying included breakfast each morning. Unfortunately, something happened with the pipes during our stay (last week) and we were completely without hot water for 15+ hours. Also, the beds are not as comfortable as other Hampton Inns I've stayed at but, after asking for additional non-feather pillows, we slept a bit better. The pool is on the smaller end but well-maintained and has lots of seating options for enjoying the sunshine. Overall, a good place to stay if you're not set on being close to the beach. The beach(es) are a good 30-45 minutes away however I-75 and US 41, restaurants, and local shopping are nearby. Less than 10 minutes to downtown Fort Myers.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a king suite; large flat-screen TV, desk, couch, and coffee table. Good size.
1  Thank aimeeln
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for telling everyone that we are convenient, clean, & friendly. I am so sorry that you were here during our water problem. The main pump that pulls the hot water from the heaters to the guest rooms shorted. The only replacement pump was in Orlando and the quickest way to get the pump was for me to drive the 6 hour round trip. Thank goodness that by 7pm that evening we had restored the hot water. Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope that you try us again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Rooms weren't ready when we came in, but it was only 13 PM. The reception was very friendly. They have a list of restaurants and tjings to do nearby. The bed is too soft, we are not used to this type of bed. Breakfast was crowded. Choices were OK. But it is a good hotel and they try hardvto please guests.

1  Thank SimRio

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that your stay was not up to our reputation. Our goal is to have all rooms cleaned by 3pm for check in, however sometimes specific room types are not ready during our busy times because of guests not checking out on time. I am very sorry that this happened to you. I am also sorry that our bed was too soft. Thank you for staying with us and I will do my best to correct these problems.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We put my mother up at Hampton because we had too many house guests. She had such a great stay that she returned the favor. She took care of our kids while my husband and I stayed for valentines day.
It was wonderful! Quiet, clean and comfy beds. We had dinner at The Ale House, which we walked to and got burgers and beers!
Sat around the pool under the stars. Staff even gave us warm cookies. A really wonderful respite from a hectic life. Thanks Hampton and thanks Mom!

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank frankcd

Thanks for choosing us for your family. And thanks to your Mother for choosing us for her gift to you. Our hotel is located in Fort Myers to many wonderful activities and great restaurants that make for a great romantic get-a-way. I am so pleased that we were able to give you some time to get away and enjoy the stars and the warm cookies. Thanks for your review and we hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I left the freezing cold of New England to visit my daughter and her family in Fort Myers. My daughter had a full house for the first couple of days. So instead of sharing the bottom bunk in my grandchild's room, she reserved a room for me at this Hampton.
I didn't want to leave! The staff was very friendly and my room was clean and welcoming. But the best part was my bed. It was so comfortable and I slept like a baby. Breakfast was included and I enjoyed coffee and a bagel by the pool on what appeared like new pool furniture. I had a lovely stay and feel very fortunate that my daughter referred me to this wonderful hotel. She asked the staff to take good care of me and they did.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank kkingri

Getting a review such as yours never felt so good. Thank you Thank you! Remember in the future that you never have to leave :) Getting a great night’s sleep is what a hotel is all about. Our Housekeeping teams washes all bed linens including the duvet every day so that you can rest easy and sleep like a baby. I also am pleased you like our new upgraded pool furniture and seating lounge area. Thanks for staying with us and please come stay again.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great hotel! My fiancee and I are planning a wedding close by and we stayed here while traveling for wedding appointments and such. This place was a great price and just what we were looking for in comfort, accessibility and friendly staff to make it easy on us. The place was very clean and just made us feel relaxed after a busy day. Definitely stay again!

3  Thank Kirsten B

I am so glad that you would stay again. Thanks for a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that you though our price was a value to you. Our team’s goal is to make sure you can relax after your busy day. Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Please let us know if we can be of any help to during your event planning. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to you again.