I wrote an email to the General Manager of this hotel because of how impressed I was with it.
The reality is that I had never been compelled to write a review in any site, anywhere, until I stayed in this hotel last weekend.
First off, let me say that this is s pet friendly hotel. That, prior to getting there, scared me a little bit, being that I am somewhat of a germ-phobe. Truth be told, had it not been for the fact that I actually saw a couple of dogs at the hotel, I wouldn't have known. The rooms were impeccable, immaculate.
The bed was very comfortable, Hilton style and the room was spacious, with a very clean and comfortable kitchen.
The location is perfect, across from a shopping center loaded with restaurants and stores.
The pool was very clean and the area around the pool itself was too, very clean.
The breakfast, although simple, was outstanding. Breakfast is included with the rate and what they had was more than enough to satisfy my family. They have a do it yourself waffle station that was a hit with my wife and kids. The gentleman that runs the breakfast saw that I was in a hurry this past Memorial and told me to eat in peace, that he would let the kitchen stay open a few more minutes because he knew people would be sleeping late. Really? Good service and an amazing staff?
Finally, I will leave what I consider the best for the end. My tire got a flat while I was there and I called someone else to fix it. Now, my son, who gets bored easily, had let the battery of his Nintendo DS die out the night before. As I was running in and out of the hotel, I asked a young lady at the front desk to please charge it for me because I couldn't keep an eye on it. She smiled took it and allowed me to run around from my car outside, to the breakfast (I was in the process of eating) and upstairs to get money to pay the gentleman fixing my flat.
Again, this was just a place that went above and beyond my expectations and that has prompted me to write this.
Mrs. Clark, I just received the survey in my email, and you folks are getting all "5"
This experience prompted me to go back to a different Homewood next week, this time in International Drive, Orlando...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport/FGCU offers the ultimate in convenience and comfort in the airport area. Our beautiful 133-room Homewood Suites hotel is 1/2 mile east of I-75, adjacent to Gulf Coast Town Center Mall, and minutes from Florida Gulf Coast University. Our All-Suite hotel in Fort Myers is focused on creating a sense of a "Home away from Home" for all our guests. Modern decor and innovative design coupled with a traditional home-like feel and southern hospitality make a stay at the Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU a time of comfort and serenity. Families looking for lodging in Ft. Myers will appreciate our hotel's ideal location in the lovely Fort Myers/Estero area, with close proximity to shopping and attractions such as the Gulf Coast Town Center Mall, Sanibel & Captiva's beaches, and many options for outdoor adventures. Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU is within minutes of, Chico’s Headquarters, GE, Algenol Biofuels, RSW-Southwest Florida International Airport. With our premium services such as a 24-hour Business Center & free high-speed Internet access our Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU near RSW Airport is perfect for all travelers. While lodging at our hotel in Fort Myers, you can take a dip in our outdoor heated pool, exercise at our 24hr Fitness Center, relax and enjoy a beverage at our poolside fire pit, or sit back and de-stress while enjoying our tropical friends in our oversized salt water aquarium. This Fort Myers all-suite hotel is a refreshing blend of home-like charm & modern sensibility, the Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU offers the very best in luxury Fort Myers accommodations. Indulge yourself in one of our spacious Studio Suites, which have fully equipped kitchens with a spacious dining area and a working desk. Our luxurious One Bedroom suites have a fresh, modern feel and offer an escape from the ordinary, with a privacy door between the bedroom and living area. All suites feture premium Serta Suite Dreams bedding, sofa beds, LCD televisions with premium cable channels, DVD players, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is provided along with speakerphones, A complimentary USA Today weekday newspaper is delivered daily at your door for added convenience. All Accommodations include fully equipped kitchens with coffee-maker, full-size refrigerators, two-burner stove tops, microwaves, dishwasher and cookware/dishes/utensils. Bathrooms include granite countertops, shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. You'll find enough space for work, study, or entertaining, plus all of the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Fort Myers Airport / Fgcu Hotel Fort Myers
- Homewood Suites Fort Myers