“Not what I was expecting at all...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida, United States
“Not what I was expecting at all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I wrote an email to the General Manager of this hotel because of how impressed I was with it.

The reality is that I had never been compelled to write a review in any site, anywhere, until I stayed in this hotel last weekend.

First off, let me say that this is s pet friendly hotel. That, prior to getting there, scared me a little bit, being that I am somewhat of a germ-phobe. Truth be told, had it not been for the fact that I actually saw a couple of dogs at the hotel, I wouldn't have known. The rooms were impeccable, immaculate.

The bed was very comfortable, Hilton style and the room was spacious, with a very clean and comfortable kitchen.

The location is perfect, across from a shopping center loaded with restaurants and stores.

The pool was very clean and the area around the pool itself was too, very clean.

The breakfast, although simple, was outstanding. Breakfast is included with the rate and what they had was more than enough to satisfy my family. They have a do it yourself waffle station that was a hit with my wife and kids. The gentleman that runs the breakfast saw that I was in a hurry this past Memorial and told me to eat in peace, that he would let the kitchen stay open a few more minutes because he knew people would be sleeping late. Really? Good service and an amazing staff?

Finally, I will leave what I consider the best for the end. My tire got a flat while I was there and I called someone else to fix it. Now, my son, who gets bored easily, had let the battery of his Nintendo DS die out the night before. As I was running in and out of the hotel, I asked a young lady at the front desk to please charge it for me because I couldn't keep an eye on it. She smiled took it and allowed me to run around from my car outside, to the breakfast (I was in the process of eating) and upstairs to get money to pay the gentleman fixing my flat.

Again, this was just a place that went above and beyond my expectations and that has prompted me to write this.

Mrs. Clark, I just received the survey in my email, and you folks are getting all "5"

This experience prompted me to go back to a different Homewood next week, this time in International Drive, Orlando...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Tony,

So glad we had the opportunity to "Surprise" you with all our little extras.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It seems that our team was there for whatever the need was.

Please be sure to come back and visit us again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

If you dont wAnt to drive on after your long flight stay here. Its 4 miles from the airport and you'll find it with even the most basic map. Assuming u dont have a gps
Rooms are big. Clean and the beds area really comfortable. Lots of space and a full refrigerator and microwave. For a friday night stay for 2 it was about $74.
Friendly service and includes breakfast. The breakfast seating area is big...which means you dontbhave to pack in close like at other places.
There is a little area to buy a few spplies if you didnt have time to buy a case of beer or munchies.
Located about 2 miles from a huge shopping area (worth checking out) also about 5 miles or 10 minutes from one of the big outlet malls(miromar) that opens at 10am.
Bottom line... If you want a good hotel ..decent price... And you are there for 1 or 2 nights then this is it

Room Tip: I prefer away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelcato
Travelcato,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I am glad that our suite shop came in handy for your last minute needs. We also have a complimentary grocery shopping service that you can utilize whild sunbathing at the pool or at the beach.

Have a great summer, see you again soon!
Colchester, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Spent one night here at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end. Very convenient to the airport and suited our needs perfectly. Airport shuttle was quick and comfortable. Breakfast was fine and we were happily surprised to find complimentary dinner and wine available until 7pm the evening before we were headed home. The staff were all very friendly and very helpful. Had never been to Ft Myers area before but the staff was helpful with directions to Captiva and any other questions we had. Safe, clean, comfortable beds and very large rooms. Would definatly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when we visit Captiva next year! If you are in need of an airport hotel this place was perfect!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
It is great to hear that you were able to utilize some of our many complimentary amenities.

The complimentary dinner buffet with beer and wine is always served Monday thru Thursday, however our complimentary breakfast buffet is 7 days a week.

I am glad to hear that you were also able to utilize our complimentary shuttle.

I am also elated that you plan to return on your next trip to Fort Myers/Captiva.

Have a great summer! See you soon
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

What can you say about people who really care about your stay! Debbie Clark manages a family of great individuals! Maria M. handles a meal like a 5 star restaraunt! From Talapia to
the most delicious pork! And the room..oh my a 1 bedroom suite with the most comfortable beds! Stay again? Heck I'm moving in!!!

Room Tip: They're ALL good!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Howard,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review.

It actually made me giggle, with pride of course!
Feel free to move in, we do have monthly rates. :-)

And by the way, I just might steal those pictures for some marketing pieces!

Thanks again, I hope to see you again soon.
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

From the front desk to check-out, the entire staff were friendly and most eager to please. Have stayed here on several occasions and have nothing but accolades. We want to send a special thank you to Maria. This facility is fortunate to have such a "good will ambassador".

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EAB34091
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Maria is one of my best! She recieved employee of the month 2 years in a row..and employee of the year for 2011!

Thank you for noticing her genuine smile.

See you next time.