We decided to stay here for a family cruise vacation that consisted of 20 people for the location and easy access to Port Everglades.
Check in was a breeze and the staff was helpful and very patient as our family decided what rooms to share and who was to pay for what rooms as our luggage took up space in the lobby. The location was excellent because the forgotten necessities of the trip was within walking distance and across the street for our most senior relatives but not too far for hot spot entertainment for the younger people in out group. The best thing was only a 8 minute drive to the port for the back and fourth transportation of all the luggage and everyone in our party.
Breakfast was excellent and had hot items as well as cold with the usual AM meal fare. Having breakfast where we stayed was a blessing in disguise because it was one less meal we had to vote on, transport everyone too and decide where to go next.
The rooms themselves were nothing special in their decor and were clean. The air conditioning unit did keep the room nice and cool which was a blessing because of the humidity. Bathroom was roomy and could accomodate 2 people comfortable which was a blessing because of the teenage girls in our group.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay here because of the friendly staff and great location. We will be booking again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale hotel, an unsurpassed option among hotels near the Broward County Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. We are located in the heart of it all and offer a 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. We are located one block from the north entrance of Port Everglades. Dozens of great restaurants are within walking distance. Our premiere location is also just 2 blks. From the Broward County Convention Center and adjacent to two large shopping centers. For only $1.75 Per person, any guest may catch the bus to Fort Lauderdale Beach or to the Galleria Mall right from the front of our hotel! Enjoy a tour of the Venice of America on the Water Taxi. We are a 3 minute walk to the nearest stop. We are the closest Holiday Inn to the Las Olas Riverfront & Shops at Las Olas. Our beautifully appointed guest rooms are designed with your comfort in mind. Each room is equipped with the comforts of home-- in-room coffeemaker, hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave, iron/ironing board, 32'' remote controlled cable TV (70 channels with HBO), and complimentary WiFi. Enjoy a unique hot buffet breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning in our lobby from 6:30am-9:30am weekday and 6:30am-10:00am weekends. We feature a great selection of fruit, juices, cereals, bagels, muffins, omelets or scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, yogurt, fluffy biscuits and hot pancakes. Relax in comfort in our 100% non-smoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center-Cruise Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn