11 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.comUS$ 399
Hotels.comUS$ 271
Destinia.comUS$ 411
3,027 results
All reviews soda shop private beach ping pong shuffle board michael holmes miniature golf an executive suite quiet pool free chairs old florida pool bar living room breakfast buffet family vacation an umbrella pull out couch plenty of chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

This place was okay, but I probably wouldn’t stay here again. They have some dining options but whenever I went to any of them they were closed. We ended up eating at outside restaurants instead. Some of the restaurant staff are unable to communicate effectively in English and I had no idea what they were trying to tell me. I booked this hotel mainly because of the dining options but was left unimpressed. On the other hand, the rooms were nice and housekeeping service was excellent.

There no menus in the room, you have to scan a QR code to view them, which wasn’t pointed out at check in. Room service and food not available until after 8:00am. It was a hassle to find room service menu and order, so didn’t bother. The Hilton hotels have a much better system for room service and it starts earlier.

There was free parking available, which was nice. There is also a luggage porter sitting in the main lobby to help with your bags. It wasn’t a terrible experience, but for the price and due to my failed attempt at dining, I will likely look elsewhere next time.

Room tip: My tip would be to dine elsewhere
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarnValu
Reviewed 22 May 2021

My fiance and I are so very pleased that we stayed at Lago Mar for our vacation in Ft Lauderdale from May 16 - May 22. We stayed in an executive suite with 2 double beds (only room available at the time of booking even though we did not need all of space or extra bed). The bed was SO comfortable and the room was very spacious and clean. We also had a balcony that had a gorgeous view overlooking the infinity pool and beach! While we were out and about in Ft Lauderdale on some days, we made sure to reserve plenty of time to enjoy the amenities at the resort. You just can't beat the beautiful private beach right on the property. During this vacation, my fiance and I were looking for convenience and a quiet place to enjoy the beach instead of going to the public beaches. We got exactly that! There are free chairs available to use or you can rent a cabana or lounge chair w/umbrella for $25 (all day use). They also have free beach towels available at the tiki hut which was so convenient. The promenade bar was a great spot to grab some cocktails to bring to the beach or by the pool. We also loved being able to play tennis and shuffleboard during our stay. Don't hesitate booking your stay at Lago Mar, we are sooo happy we did - we had a great time! Impeccable service and amazing resort!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 28 April 2021

Recently returned to Lago Mar for quiet time away! Their staff and facility are top notch! Wonderful meal from Acquario! Always love to stop in the Soda Shop, long-time staff members that provide quick and delicious food with a side of humor and friendly conversation! I love the private beach where they provide cabanas and chairs quickly and efficiently. Perfect for families but also a place where a couple can enjoy some quiet, romantic times as well. Their Covid procedures allowed for peace-of-mind while still providing a quality vacation. As always, well-pleased and definitely will be returning!

Room tip: Great views from pool or ocean side rooms. Suites provide extra room, great for families.
Reviewed 28 April 2021

The resort is very nice but the customer service in the dining areas are horrible. One night we had to get up from one restaurant and go to another because no one even came to serve us. When we did get service it took forever. They acted like we were bothering them. The waiters acted like they didn't want to be there at all. They were not friendly. We went to the front desk the first night to tell them that we were not very happy with the service. They said they would let the manger know. Then when we were checking out they asked us how are stay was. We told them about the bad service and she said that she wasn't surprise. She acted like they gets a lot of complaints about the service so why not fix it. I will not go back for this reason and I will not recommend this resort to any of my friends or family.

5  Thank O6237MVjennyt
Reviewed 25 April 2021

I will outline everything step by step.
We arrived early, around 10 am, our room was ready - we were happy, as had to wake up at 2:30 am to get to the airport to fly here.
Room was VERY CLEAN! I usually check everything, especially bathroom and kitchen. I didn’t mind kids touching any surfaces at all, and it means a lot, believe me. Usually hotels do not clean their rooms that much.
All bedding was clean and changed. We used pull out sofa. The bedding there as well as the additional bedding in the closet were clean and changed! I was impressed, as usually pull out sofas are disgusting in other hotels. I requested additional blankets, and they came freshly washed! First time I got washed blankets in the hotel. Impressed.
Overall appearance of the room was very nice. Clean carpet, again, no problem with my kids sitting there. Clean kitchen with half size fridge, not just thin bar one.
Balcony with chairs and chase, great condition, no rust.
I needed a few things and went to the check in. Met general manager on my way, we chatted, and he asked what I was looking for. I told him I was going to the reception for a few things. Well, he took my request and everything was done in fifteen minutes. He didn’t send me to the reception, took care of everything himself. This shows the level of care. I definitely appreciated that.
Service- all requests are taken care of very quickly. We asked for blankets, additional soap, crib, etc... One does not need to keep reminding.
Food- so far we ate in soda bar and outside by the pool, which we liked more. Their burgers were fantastic!
Beach is very clean. Chairs are free, enough for anyone. If you want to spend the whole day there, renting a set up makes sense (25$).
Overall: room is great (poolside view) and quiet. Like the kitchen. Had plenty of kurig coffee and sugar, milk, not just two, like they usually do in other hotels. Service is excellent and quick. Plenty of towels for pool and beach. Did not have any problems with availability of pool chairs.

Something to consider: we got a poolside room. Traveled with three kids. The bathroom was in the bedroom, so kids kept going to the bathroom through our bedroom, meaning lack of privacy and constant walking at night. The resort was sold out, so they could not change the room for us. If you travel with kids or in a group, keep in mind that some rooms would have bathrooms in the bedroom. Ask for the one with exit to the corridor.

Something to make it easier for traveler: I think some type of drying rack or pull out drying line would be great for those swimsuits. Although I saw something like that only in one hotel, and we traveled a lot. Otherwise, everything is great!

Room tip: Some rooms have bathrooms in the bedroom. So if you are traveling in a group or with kids, make sure to ask for bathroom in a hallway.
2  Thank Yuliya B