2,791 results
All reviews soda shop private beach shuffle board ping pong michael holmes miniature golf an executive suite family photos quiet pool free chairs old florida palm trees main restaurant living room pool bar breakfast buffet family vacation
Reviewed 20 January 2018

This a great hotel, located directly on Harbor beach. The staff however is what makes this hotel so special. Our encounter with the staff helped make our trip. We had a problem with the travel companies booking,not tripadvisor,Keithra Brown at the check in made the problem go away. After our cruise we returned to the hotel for one night more. At the front desk was Erich Pauli
, seeing we had a large party , quickly checked us in and upgrated us to a suite so eleven of our party could wait in comfort for their plane flight later in the day. I will only stay at Lago Mar when in Fort Lauderdale.

Room tip: view of the ocean
Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This resort is perfect. Great location, great service, can't say enough. So much to offer.
Loved the chance to get away from the major chains. Met some nice people that are members. Everyone is friendly. LOVE the one bedroom suite!! Love. The bathroom was amazing. Easy to take a Uber or Lyft to get into downtown nightlife area.
Will definitely return and can't wait to do so.

Room tip: One bedroom suite overlooking the pool!
1  Thank 49KS
Reviewed 16 January 2018

There is no doubting that this property is in a great location, with its own large, private beach in Fort Lauderdale, nice swimming-pools, a restaurant, gym, laundry, history and style but... We would not like to be back here... Why? Some unhappy staff or stinky business centre ?... Not sure...

3  Thank VictoriaS2846
Reviewed 16 January 2018

great location and its own private beach in harbour view area . spacious room, but the rooms and hotel in general are aging a bit. with some exception, the staff is very responsive. nice classic style and lovely grounds. the dated nature is tending to overbear the location and classic nature though.the secluded beach is the biggest pull. decent breakfast on premises, though we took other meals out.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank Tellus9
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I made by mistake 2 reservations using Booking.com (#2020876315 and #1621207869) to stay at mar lago.

Hours later I noticed that it was a mistake and then ask them to cancel it.

What was my shock when I saw they billed me 50% out of those 2 reservations which I canceled in matter of hours later from issueing it. The total hit was $500+

So, very very disappointed with that policy. I would expect a some fair tolerance over such short cancelation time spans.

Trip type: Travelled with family
James P, General Manager at Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Gustavo H, our records show you booked 4 reservations through Booking.com for the same dates. Please contact me at 954-523-6511 to help me better understand how you wanted to book your stay with us. Regards, James Pancallo, GM