2,795 results
All reviews soda shop private beach shuffle board ping pong michael holmes miniature golf an executive suite family photos quiet pool free chairs old florida palm trees main restaurant living room pool bar breakfast buffet family vacation
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This was a truly enjoyable stay! The entire stay was wonderful from the very attentive staff to the attention to detail of the entire property. Even the restrooms were nicely appointed. Private beach was amazing. Two saltwater pools were very nice. Great spa and nice little gift and sundry shops. Cannot say enough about the wonderful staff! One of my favorite properties in Florida, and my previous preference had been the Gulf coast. We will most certainly return!

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Lago mar was extremely accommodating. Great experience. Was there for us in a very trying period of our lives with hurricane. Great food And Beverage. Great Bell staff terrific. You get value for what you pay for ! Exceeded expectations.
Made us feel at home.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed at Lago Mar recently for four nights after Hurricane Irma and what a pleasant experience! We had stayed there before and they never cease to impress me! Consistently the best! Everything from the beautifully appointed, spacious and immaculate room, exquisite food and courteous, efficient service was perfect! Their food is always five-star: superior quality, generous portion sizes and delectably prepared every single time! Our waiter Dennis was the best! He was courteous, efficient and knowledgable. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Beach and pool views are great!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I Never write a review!!!! who has the time...but I just had to write this one.

We just stayed at Lago Mar this weekend celebrating my daughters bday and I have to say that I am in love with this property.
As I walked into the front door I felt that I had packed my bags and gone to St. Barts for the weekend. Eric was so accommodating to our needs that he went above and beyond to make sure my requests were met.

Kevin the bell man was amazing with the kids and as he opened the door to the suite he walked me in showed me the entire suite then he proceeded onto the balcony and gave me the complete layout of the property. Brilliant!! usually the bellman takes your bags in and leaves. Kevin was so thorough it was impressive.

We only live about 30 minutes away on the water ourselves so growing up in Florida my kids are so spoiled by having the beach so accessible when we go to a resort with a beach its no big deal.
Lago Mar offers mini-golf, tennis, life size chess game, hammocks on the beach tied onto the palm trees, volleyball nets on the beach, shuffle-board, foosball table, ping-pong tables in the sand, 2 pools, AND A PRIVATE BEACH.....They Were in Heaven!!

The style of the rooms are Spanish Caribbean with rich dark wood furniture and super plush bedding (not the usual tacky wicker furniture one might find at a Florida resort.
The grounds are clean, well manicured lush and green.
The Tiki Bar was so sweet and friendly to the kids and made sure that they got a special treat of cherry snow cones.
The tacos were delicious and the staff yet again so amazing, informative and patient.

As a parent I don't have to be afraid that my children are out of my site bc there are on the other side of a big resort. I am at ease enjoying myself and my girls and their friends are safe, close they feel independent and they are beyond entertained.
I booked 2 adjoining suites that we kept opened and the girls had the most memorable time.
On our check-out Kevin came back up and checked my room completely to make sure I hadn't left anything,reminded me of my car keys laying on the counter, took my bags and placed them into my car then walked me to the pool carrying my huge beach bags. Eric closed my statement and asked me how our stay was (and being sincere about wanting to know) I cannot say enough about this boutique hotel and there staff I can on and on carol at the gift shop was like having a personal shopper.

To Top is all off I met Mike the assist manager of the property who I heard from the staff how he loves and puts his soul into this property...Well Mike I have to say from staying there this weekend that I could feel the love from the moment I walked in.
We will be back and I will be recommending Lago Mar to all my friends....well not to to many. I would like to keep this my little secret....

Room tip: For Families of 4-6 executive suite double beds is the only way to go.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank aimee l
Reviewed 25 September 2017

So lots of positives: good sized rooms and good value. Two pools - one quiet and one not. Decent food options. Close to the centre of town and also with direct beachfront. It's a bit of a hike to the central part of the beach - - which is a consideration for my adult children. But my overall sense was one of good management deperately trying to hold the place together: it just all feels like it's past its prime, but then so is much of Florida. Still at the kind of prices they are getting it's hard to complain too much.

Room tip: The pool can be noisy
Date of stay: June 2017