“Lago Mar - A Jewel Boutique Hotel”

Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I Never write a review!!!! who has the time...but I just had to write this one.

We just stayed at Lago Mar this weekend celebrating my daughters bday and I have to say that I am in love with this property.
As I walked into the front door I felt that I had packed my bags and gone to St. Barts for the weekend. Eric was so accommodating to our needs that he went above and beyond to make sure my requests were met.

Kevin the bell man was amazing with the kids and as he opened the door to the suite he walked me in showed me the entire suite then he proceeded onto the balcony and gave me the complete layout of the property. Brilliant!! usually the bellman takes your bags in and leaves. Kevin was so thorough it was impressive.

We only live about 30 minutes away on the water ourselves so growing up in Florida my kids are so spoiled by having the beach so accessible when we go to a resort with a beach its no big deal.
Lago Mar offers mini-golf, tennis, life size chess game, hammocks on the beach tied onto the palm trees, volleyball nets on the beach, shuffle-board, foosball table, ping-pong tables in the sand, 2 pools, AND A PRIVATE BEACH.....They Were in Heaven!!

The style of the rooms are Spanish Caribbean with rich dark wood furniture and super plush bedding (not the usual tacky wicker furniture one might find at a Florida resort.
The grounds are clean, well manicured lush and green.
The Tiki Bar was so sweet and friendly to the kids and made sure that they got a special treat of cherry snow cones.
The tacos were delicious and the staff yet again so amazing, informative and patient.

As a parent I don't have to be afraid that my children are out of my site bc there are on the other side of a big resort. I am at ease enjoying myself and my girls and their friends are safe, close they feel independent and they are beyond entertained.
I booked 2 adjoining suites that we kept opened and the girls had the most memorable time.
On our check-out Kevin came back up and checked my room completely to make sure I hadn't left anything,reminded me of my car keys laying on the counter, took my bags and placed them into my car then walked me to the pool carrying my huge beach bags. Eric closed my statement and asked me how our stay was (and being sincere about wanting to know) I cannot say enough about this boutique hotel and there staff I can on and on carol at the gift shop was like having a personal shopper.

To Top is all off I met Mike the assist manager of the property who I heard from the staff how he loves and puts his soul into this property...Well Mike I have to say from staying there this weekend that I could feel the love from the moment I walked in.
We will be back and I will be recommending Lago Mar to all my friends....well not to to many. I would like to keep this my little secret....

Room Tip: For Families of 4-6 executive suite double beds is the only way to go.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank aimee l

Reviewed 25 September 2017

So lots of positives: good sized rooms and good value. Two pools - one quiet and one not. Decent food options. Close to the centre of town and also with direct beachfront. It's a bit of a hike to the central part of the beach - - which is a consideration for my adult children. But my overall sense was one of good management deperately trying to hold the place together: it just all feels like it's past its prime, but then so is much of Florida. Still at the kind of prices they are getting it's hard to complain too much.

Room Tip: The pool can be noisy
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RCMV
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Lago Mar- a Hidden Gem

This review is being written reluctantly. This should remain a hidden gem, and not get too much publicity. Somehow they seem to fly under the radar. It is right next to the cruise port and the airport. This is a beautiful 1940s styled hotel, but is all brand new. You would think you went back in time to Grand Old Florida before it was overdevel-oped. They have their own private beach in Ft. Lauderdale! Seriously, their own private beach. You must rent, or own, in the little Harbor Bay neighborhood to even get there and park. A private beach there is like being in the Twilight Zone. The entire grounds are beautifully landscaped. They have two pools- a regular and a lagoon. There is a great gym with Cybex equipment, free weights and treadmills. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of cable TV channels. A very nice business office. A spa if you want it. Happy Hour with nice $5 drinks. The hotel restaurant is very nice, but why not eat out in Lauderdale? It is foodie city down there. IHOP and Dennys are right up the road for breakfast. Nebu, Lemongrass, P.F.
Changs, and Christina Wans are class acts. Go north on Route 1 to eat, and not south to seedy, crime ridden, overpriced Hollywood.
Free wi-fi, a Keurig coffee machine, and refrigerator are nice touches. You won't believe this, but the parking is free! Everyone there charges $30 a day for parking- plus your $30 a day "resort fee". This is a great place for everyone, including families with young children. We cruise every year, and usually leave from here, so this is now our go to
hotel definitely. All this for about $200 a day. Everyone we talked to just loved it. Now please don't go around and tell everybody about this hidden gem.

Room Tip: Get a second floor or higher room as always.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yap1993
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Living in Aqaba for a while this is the place I visit a lot. It is a relaxing place with beautiful swimming pools, beach and snorkeling. Food in general is good and the staff very helpfull. Views from the terraces and beach are beautiful, especially the sunset.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Our second stay at Largo Mar allowed us to relax and recoup from a week long exodus from our home because of Irma. The staff was as friendly as in our first visit and were working diligently repairing the storm damage. After pulling 30 wheelbarrows of sand the pool opened. The morning buffet went on as usual. This is a family friendly resort with a pool for children. Beach is walking distance from the pools. Again thanks to that made possible.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple