2,739 results
All reviews soda shop private beach ping pong shuffle board michael holmes miniature golf family photos an executive suite free chairs old florida living room main restaurant pool bar breakfast buffet family vacation pool view an umbrella
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First time at this resort and will definately not be out last! We loved this place! We plan on incorporating going here once or twice a year! We loved it that much. The private beach and being able to sit quietly and enjoy the ships and boats going in and out of the harbor or great. It is in a nice quite community which we loved. Pools are great too - heated which is a two thumbs up from me! I hate cold pools! Lovely, lovely grounds with lush palm trees, flowers, walk ways, etc. When we went we must have hit a busy "family" time - maybe Easter break because there were A LOT of kids. It was just my husband and I and we don't have kids - so....Anyway, this was a lovely place. We did get room service a few times which food was excellent and brought within a reasonable amount of time. We ate breakfast at the buffet one morning and that was also excellent with lots of food choices. The staff here was also above and beyond accomodating and friendly! This is my idea of a perfect vacation spot! Too bad we were only here for 3 nights - hopinh to head back later this summer! Thanks so much Lago Mar and staff for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I would definately pay up and get a poolside or ocean view room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aimcat
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had a wonderful experience at Lago Mar for a April Family Vacation. The 2 bedroom suite with the living and dining room suited us perfectly. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. The beach and pool were wonderful. Plenty of activities to keep the kids busy. I especially liked that the hotel offers a professional Photographer, Mike (who also works at the pool bar), to take fabulous keepsake photos of our trip. He knew just where to be for optimal lighting and was very friendly. We have a whole disc of fabulous photos. The food was delicious. I enjoyed every meal we ate there. The nice thing is that the menu also had some more casual fair that the children could enjoy. We plan to return again next year. Would recommend this hotel to people with families! Wonderful time was had by all.

Room Tip: next year i would really love to have a first floor suite overlooking the ocean. Had a beautiful oean view from the second floor this year, but would prefer to have a first floor that gives access directly to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Definitely exceeded my expectations. Rooms made all the difference in the world. They are condo style and allow you to really stretch out and feel at home. Staff is great and very friendly. Food was average but there are plenty of places to get delivery from if you want a change. Good size resort in the fact that it is not too large. Isn't a hike every time you need to go somewhere. I would definitely bring my family back here again. Probably not the beat for groups that are just looking to party as it is definitely family oriented.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Travelforbiz2011
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here one night prior to leaving for the out islands of the Bahamas. Reserved an oceanfront suite. View was nice but rooms and buildings need a major facelift. Cheap furniture. Because its off the beaten path it took us 15 for a cab to arrive for dinner. The Bell staff did do a nice job of having us one ready at 10:00 the next morning. We opted for the overpriced breakfast buffet only to find the scrambled eggs container empty. Asked for ketchup and hot sauce but by the time it arrived my food was cold. In addition, we found a hair in a muffin. I mentioned the bad experience at checkout and they did a masterful job of service recovery, even brining the Food and Beverage Manager out to apologize. That part they got right. I think until the do a major facelift there are better options out there. I'll stay at the Ritz next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Superdave57
travelerfla, General Manager at Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Superdave57,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for the “bad experience” you encountered at breakfast. I am pleased to see our Food and Beverage Manager compensated you by crediting your folio in the amount of $75.00. I also believe our breakfast buffet, that includes a chef that can make any of your breakfast needs, is a great value at $16.95 for adults and $5.95 for children 12 and under.
Most of the furniture in your suite and most other suites are furnished with Tommy Bahama by Lexington furniture. Thank you for staying with us.

Best regards,
James Pancallo, General Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here twice now when attending a convention at the Marriott which was full. Comparable price but rightfully rated better. Walked up beach to Marriott for convention in 10 minutes. Great hotel for families. Has multi-bedroom suites, nice pool, great recreation and beach.

• Stayed: April 2012