The hotel itself is very nice, but difficult to navigate.
The shuttle driver from the airport was very rude and drove recklessly. He had taken my cell phone number down wrong and proceeded to yell at me for it. When we arrived we were glad that our room was ready even though it was only noon. The front desk staff was pleasant, but did not offer us a higher room even though her co-worker was offering better views to her customers.
Our room was on the corner and next to the elevators so we hear constant noise of kids running up and down the halls all night. I guess their parents didn't feel it necessary to quiet them down. We even tried to shut the door between the sitting room and bedroom to no avail. The air conditioning vent was leaking all over our sink and soaked some of our documents. The tub wouldn't drain in the bathroom and I did make someone aware.
We were told about a trolley, but not told how to get to it. After wandering around for 10 minutes we went back in to ask where we could get on.
We came back to the managers reception after an afternoon at the beach and were pleased with the snacks and drink offerings. Although I ordered the special lemonade and it was supposed to have a garnish, but the bartender just sort of threw it in a glass and shoved it at me.
The breakfast in the morning was very good and set up well. We returned to our room to pack and were bothered by 4 people knocking on our doors wanting us to leave even though it was only 9:30 in the morning and check out was noon. When we inquired about our transfer to the boat we were told we should have been given vouchers at check in, but we were not. We had to flag down the concerige to get those. We waited for 25 minutes to get a shuttle to our boat while the drivers argued about having to take certain passengers and we saw many groups get taken before us because the drivers wanted to go to certain boats. This was quite a mess!
This hotel is adequate for the before/after cruise traveler, but I really don't think it was worth the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale