My wife and I stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort from March 23 thru March 29, 2012. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport and took and $18 (total) shuttle from the airport to the resort (Shuttle Name: "Quick & Safe Shuttle"). Then we spent the week without the need for a rental car. We could walk to several fine restaurants, the Galleria Mall, 7-11, bars, drugs stores, etc. The Bonnet House is practically connected to the resort if you want to take a tour. It is only a two block walk to a gorgeous beach (see my pictures), and those two short block are filled with at least five places to each, a convenience store and other small shops. We had perfect weather all week and enjoyed spending most days on the beach. The pool was rather small and most of the chairs near the pool were filled all day. They do have another sun deck on floor up from the pool, but it is very hot to sun there without being right next to the pool to cool off. The resort/hotel in general is OK. Nothing spectacular, but I didn't find anything negative as others mentioned. We had a one bedroom studio (canal view) on the 7th floor. The view was OK, and the kitchen was rather small but it was OK for two people. The TV, kitchen appliances, bathroom facilities and A/C all worked fine. We had several questions for the conceirge and front desk staff and they were always courteous and helpful.
About the only negative I have for the hotel is that the rooms are not very sound proof. If you have someone in the room next to you, you will certainly hear them even if they aren't being loud. We had empty rooms next to us but we heard the housekeeping staff in the rooms and thought they were talking in our room. Plus, the big negative was that the housekeeping staff in the hallway spends much of the day in the halls cleaning the rooms. I have to say they are very load and are talking, laughing, and yelling most of the day. It really didn't bother us that much as we were not in the room that much, but whenever we were, we could hear them even with the TV on loud.
But we found it to be a nice relaxing vacation, in a very good location that we had plenty to do all week without the need for a car. The hotel arranged for our return shuttle which was waiting outside the front lobby exactly when they said they would be there (and you can't be getting two people and their luggage to the airport for $18).
One last note: The have a relatively new restaurant inside the resort called The Volcano. I don't know the reason, but I never saw more than two people in this restaurant during anytime during the week. I kind of felt sorry for the owners as it looks like a nice place. They do have an adjoining bar which is 'open air' between The Volcano and the pool which does attract a small crowd, but the restuarant for whatever reason wasn't getting any business. So we were not willing to try it either.
I would recommend the Italian restaurant "Franco & Vinny's" which has great food at good prices. It is about a 4 block walk from the resort next to the Causeway bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is your home away from home providing comfortable and spacious condo-style accommodations which are newly updated and boasts granite countertops and flat screen TVs. Savor the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracostal Waterway and experience the fun and excitement of the famed Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax on the sundeck while enjoying views of the ocean, soak away stress in the oversized hot tub, and sip a tropical cocktail at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort