1,427 results
All reviews washer and dryer intracoastal waterway valet parking full kitchen water taxi large balcony beautiful hotel watching the boats the inter coastal living room ocean view stove top front desk staff valet service lounge chairs beach access the entire staff
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at the Il Lugano for five nights while in Ft Lauderdale on a business trip. Everything was absolutely perfect. My room faced the Intecoastal waterway and every day I looked forward to going back to the hotel, sitting on my balcony, watching the boats float by on the canal and reading. It was a wonderful and relaxing retreat. I even spotted a manatee swimming in the canal one afternoon, which was a real delight and (I'm told) something of a rarity.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and spacious. It was very tastefully but simply decorated.
This was the best overall hotel experience I've had in a long time. It was the perfect combination of functionality that met my business and comfort needs(large desk for working, couch, ottoman, kitchenette with dishwasher and full size refrigerator, washer and dryer) but also allowed me to relax in a way I rarely can on a business trip (private beach along canal, balcony, quiet sidestreet, soft clean linens). I came back from my trip (almost) as relaxed as if it had been a trip intended solely for pleasure!
The hotel is located on a quiet sidestreet not far from Ft. Lauderdale beach-close enough to be very convenient for a night out, but not so close that I had to deal with the traffic or street noise. The water taxi has a pick-up/dropoff location right behind the hotel which is very convenient for going into town or to the beach without driving (a plus since Ft Lauderdale traffic can be a nightmare!)
The staff was wonderful and helpful. They always took time to give me directions, advice and assistance with anything I needed. As soon as you pull up, the valets are there to open your car door and the door of the hotel. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable, a nice place to meet friends or co-workers.
The neighborhood is very safe, and there are lots of grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance.
I will definitely stay here again next time I am in Ft Lauderdale!

Room tip: The rooms that face the intercoastal waterway are the best, but those that face the street have a view of the ocean if you're on one of the higher floors
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank TheFreys
ilLuganoHotel, Executive Administrative Assistant at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

It was our pleasure to provide you with such a relaxing stay especially while being on a business trip. We are glad hear you were able to enjoy everything il Lugano has to offer from our helpful staff to our relaxing balcony views. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at Il Lugano for two nights in February with my two university aged daughters. We had a double studio, triple occupancy. The room was very nice and clean and had everything we needed. We had an ocean view which is not as good as an intracoastal one but because we were on the 9th floor we had a nice sunrise view, could see the ocean clearly and had a sunny balcony until just before noon. We had coffee on the balcony and enjoyed the sun as soon as we woke up. We used the municipal parking option across the street and it worked perfectly for us. If you do that, make sure to pay at 8 am as the ticket guy comes around just after 8. We had a late flight so checked out at noon and they held our luggage for us in the back room. We took a water taxi tour (recommend it!) and hung by the pool for a while that afternoon. The hotel gladly provided us with towels and gave us the use of the spa facility to shower before departing to the airport. That was so nice. Everyone was nice and polite and we would definately stay there again. If you go, lunch at Hibiscus Cafe. It is west on Oakland Park and left on Federal Hiway.Its right there in Plaza 3000. Fantastic simple fresh food and a really nice owner. Pool is mostly shady which is a drag but we followed the sunny spots around. While sitting in a sunny spot on the intracoastal we were treated to a pod of manatees swimming by, right next to the dock. We easily walked to the beach but maybe some older folks might want to drive. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. we are glad to hear you and your family were able to enjoy your stay with us here at il Lugano. Making our guests feel welcome is our top priority. It seems you were able to capture all the great benefits il Lugano hase to offer. We look forward to hosting your next stay here in Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and I have enjoyed it each time! The view on the Intracoastal waterway from the balcony is awesome, watching the boats and yachts sail by! Excellent customer service from the front desk, housekeeping and most of all the Concierge...thanks! The hotel is nicely located with restaurants and shops not too far away.
Feel "home away from home'!!

Room tip: Rooms with view on intracoastal waterway.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

We appreciate the feedback and are honored to have you as one of our returning guests. Our staff, starting from our reservations to our housekeepers take pride in meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We recently stayed at the Il Lugano and believe me: It has been the most confortable and neatest hotel room that we have ever stayed at. When you get into the hotel you realize immediately the excellence in customer service that all its personnel provides. The view from our balcony was beautiful and fortunately we had the sufficient time to enjoy each corner of our room by taking good pictures and we will show them to our relatives and friends soon. In conclusion, we highly recommend Ft Lauderdale, FL to visit but including il Lugano Hotel to stay at. Thank you for making us part of your happy and satisfied guests! By the way, I forgot to ask the Front desk if I could have bought the two bathroes which were lovely to wear after a shower. Is it still possible? Warming Regards,
Lilia C. Novoa

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank LILIA N
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We've stayed at the il Lugano Hotel for 5 nights in February 2012. The rooms, service, front desk and concierge are excellent.

Some of the things we appreciated:
1. Several restaurants within walking distance (Greek, Italian)
2. Post Office- less than one block
3. Walgreens drug store less than 5 minutes away
4. Blue Jeans Blues jazz club right down the street- saw Jazz great Richie Cole on 2-6-12!!
5. Full kitchen, washer & dryer, balcony with table and chairs makes this a home away from home and helps cut down on some of your expenses!

Some areas of concern; but not a deal breaker (as far as we were concerned):

1. Valet parking is $25.00 per day without the option of self parking in a hotel owned/ operated parking lot. But you can park across the street at parking meters for 50 cent per hour from 8 am to 6 pm (6 pm to 8am the next morning is free); plus you can call a 800 number and use a credit card to pay for parking (no running back and forth to the parking meter).

2. The beach is about 3 long blocks away; but the hotel will provide you with transportation.
3. The swimming pool is small but was not crowded.

We look forward to coming back to this hotel in August 2012 for another stay!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank smoketown926

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your most recent stay at il Lugano Hotel! . It seems you had the opportunity to really grasp all the great areas of our hotel from our convenient locals to our in-room amenities. We look forward to welcoming you in August for your next il Lugano vacation.