We've stayed at the il Lugano Hotel for 5 nights in February 2012. The rooms, service, front desk and concierge are excellent.
Some of the things we appreciated:
1. Several restaurants within walking distance (Greek, Italian)
2. Post Office- less than one block
3. Walgreens drug store less than 5 minutes away
4. Blue Jeans Blues jazz club right down the street- saw Jazz great Richie Cole on 2-6-12!!
5. Full kitchen, washer & dryer, balcony with table and chairs makes this a home away from home and helps cut down on some of your expenses!
Some areas of concern; but not a deal breaker (as far as we were concerned):
1. Valet parking is $25.00 per day without the option of self parking in a hotel owned/ operated parking lot. But you can park across the street at parking meters for 50 cent per hour from 8 am to 6 pm (6 pm to 8am the next morning is free); plus you can call a 800 number and use a credit card to pay for parking (no running back and forth to the parking meter).
2. The beach is about 3 long blocks away; but the hotel will provide you with transportation.
3. The swimming pool is small but was not crowded.
We look forward to coming back to this hotel in August 2012 for another stay!!More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking