“Loved the Tom Yum Soup”

Beg for More Japanese Thai
Ranked #242 of 1,366 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Three of us we're dining in this convenient neighborhood spot. This was the first time we were at this restaurant. One of us had Tom Yum soup with shrimp, one had it with Chicken, and I had it extra spicy with seafood. We all liked the soup. I ordered the Thai Basil chicken medium hot. The chicken was ground which I thought was a little strange. The Basil sauce was good but slightly too hot for my taste. One of us had a Hosomaki combo of three rolls JB Roll, California Roll and a Tuna roll. He thought it was good. My wife had a steamed seafood salad. She thought it was good. We will return; however I think I will try something different.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Since Beg for More opened we have eaten here many times during our winter visits. Our first visit this year was disappointing-I am sad to say. Out hot appetizer, crab Rangoon was barely warm. While it was busy - not every table full - servers seemed to be almost running to serve faster. Slow down! Our fried rice was actually wet. I'm willing to wait a little longer for a great meal. Not sure if we will go back again.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Some of the food was very good. For example, the soups were good and served hot as they should. Some of the sushi was good also, but not all. However, the tempura was not crispy and had little flavor. It was a large portion but bland. There are a few excellent Thai/Japanese restaurants in northeast Fort lauderdale. This restaurant needs to improve to truly compete. The service was friendly and prompt. Maybe because they are close to the beach, their prices are a bit high for the quality.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Very good sushi and Thai food. Great value lunch menu. Very friendly and sweet service. Menu options fully explained which is helpful for their combination meals.

The interior is somewhere between basic and industrial, but spotless and comfortable.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The name of the restaurant is apt. We thoroughly enjoyed the sushi - so much that my brother returned there after I had left for home. The Thai is good too. Great service as well. Highly recommended!