All reviews el vez living room the mexican restaurant raul lopez tower ii daily resort fee across the street ocean front ocean view room lobby bar amazing hotel great amenities an umbrella large balcony valet parking hotel guests late check
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale for 4 nights at the beginning of April.

There were lots of positives and one or two negatives.

Those positives were a fantastic check in and check out. Phileisa was at the desk on both occasions and was helpful, friendly and just an all round lovely person.

The upgraded room we were given was great and aside from a small housekeeping issue, resolved immediately, we were all set.

Steak 954 was awesome for breakfast and the public areas were all of a very high standard.

Now, those negatives! Service around the pool was not good. It appeared that the F&B manager had either not anticipated levels of trade or was let down by staff. The first two days we saw our server twice all day and the food took forever to arrive (although when it did, it tasted yummy) In fairness to all of the staff, they were working flat out and having to put up with a lot of upset and angry guests. The service did improve significantly over the week and when we raised the issue during feedback with the hotel, they did remove a very significant chunk of food and beverage from our final bill which more than made up for the problems we had.

The only other issue I had, and it's not the hotels fault, is that the hotel was overrun with families and kids. More fool us for booking during school holidays but I hadn't anticipated the W brand as appealing to families, so this might be something you'd want to consider if booking outside of term time and looking for a more adults only experience.

So to surmise. A great hotel, brilliant location, excellent facilities and lovely food. A big focus of speed service by the F&B Manager and I'd have no problem giving 5 stars.

Would deffinitely return, but maybe not during a school holiday.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank steverucastle
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We just returned from our 7th stay at the W Ft. Lauderdale and each stay is better than the last. The staff always goes above and beyond to ensure we have a great trip. I'm a person who spends over 75 nights a year in hotels, and I can say with confidence that the W Ft. Lauderdale always exceeds any and all expectations I have.

I have stayed here for both business and leisure and I highly recommend this hotel for either.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hello seanierock,

Thank you so much for returning to the W Fort Lauderdale. Nothing pleases us more than to know we succeeded in providing everything necessary for you to have a wonderful visit once again. Your recommendation is truly appreciated, and we hope you will continue making us your home in the future.

All the Best,
Haley Dagan
Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I would like to personally send a heartfelt "thank you" for the outstanding customer service rendered by one of your BEST employees, Orit Evron. Although the Spring Break time is the busiest time of the year to visit southern Florida, she made time to accommodate me and my colleagues on our annual Golf Trip. Orit's colleagues were awesome as well, Dervin Webb and Nish, they were true professionals. Also, you have an awesome bartender, Patrick!

Thank you for managing and leading your employees to have integrity and caring attitudes, we will continue to visit our favorite W hotel.

Great Customer Service!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Last minute trip to FLL. We found the W for reasonable price compared to some of the other hotels in FLL.

I am a SPG platinum so i was able to get a really nice room with a beach view on one of the higher floors. In true "W" Fashion the rooms were modern and quite swanky. The views of the beach were just breathtaking during sunrise and sunset.

The service was so so, I think, I attribute this to the New Years crowd. They were slammed with too many guests.

The rooms were clean and well maintained.

They had a new years party at the main lounge area were they have a Bar. That was pretty cool to hangout and watch the fire works from the lounge balcony. The views are just phenomenal.

Overall a pretty good Hotel, but the price is steep even during regular season.

Room tip: Higher floors are better
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My husband & I just returned from our first trip to Ft Lauderdale & a stay at the W.
We had a Fabulous ocean front room on the 10th floor. Great bedding, sheets, linen and wonderful housekeeper. From the time we checked in, when we met Katie Dong who offered us a flute of champagne, I knew we had made a good choice. Every staff member we encountered, greeted us and asked how we were doing and did we need anything.

The hotel is in a great location to restaurants. Some of our favorites were Coastal,
Casablanca Cafe and H20 for breakfast. We had breakfast at the hotel, which was very good, but I think $6.00 for a cup of coffee is a bit pricey. We later discovered that they set up a cafe in the living room from 7-11 every day with free coffee, and a multitude of breakfast items, cereal, fruit, muffins,etc, which we found very good.

The beach across the street is beautiful, clean, warm water. The resort fee included the chairs, umbrella, towels & 2 bottles of water per day. If we needed to grab a bite for lunch we went to the Hilton Hotel cafe which was easily accessible & brought the food back to the beach.

All in all, the W was wonderful. We were given many free drink tickets at check in which we were happy to use.

I want to mention Tracy at the welcome desk and Edwin on the beach as being very helpful. If i could remember all their names, I would thank them all.

I would definitely recommend the W to anyone looking for an upscale hotel & I Would Definitely go back

Room tip: our room a the end of a hall was quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple