We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was right ON the beach as opposed to being across the street as many Fort Lauderdale hotels are. The property is located in an area that is not crowded with tourists and is very quiet. The beach was nearly empty and the hotel provided lounge chairs, umbrellas, hammocks and beach towels. The beachfront restaurant is a definite plus. The pool was warm, sparkling, and not crowded - a little waterfall provided a peaceful sound while sitting under the palm trees.
The staff was friendly, helpful and none had an attitude. I don’t believe The Sun Tower Hotel & Suites is part of a chain but still had the necessary amenities to make our stay pleasant. A computer in the small lobby allowed us to check flights, etc. Lemon/orange water in the lobby quenched our thirst. The floor laundry area was unsoiled and a much welcomed surprise.
We had a 4th floor suite that included an adequately sized separate bedroom area with a king bed, comfortable bed linen, and flat screen TV. The wall air conditioner was not very airtight and for energy conservation could have been caulked better. The very small bathroom was stocked with Rusk toiletries and had tiny tub/shower. Since we had an end unit, the bathroom had a window that let in lots of light. Right outside the bathroom was a small dressing area, counter, and a closet with sliding mirrored doors. The sufficiently sized living area had a sofa, two chairs, flat screen TV, coffee table, wall air conditioner, dining table and chairs, kitchenette with dishes in the cabinets, sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. Again, since we had an end unit we had windows and fantastic views on two sides of the room. An 8-10 foot slider door opened up nearly the entire living area wall to a small balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We left the balcony door open all night and fell asleep to the soothing sounds and smells of the ocean. The balcony had the usual plastic furniture for sitting. Watching the sunrise and set was wonderful and we captured many nice pictures. The hotel is an older place and we were told the rooms had just been renovated - they were clean, nicely furnished and we could see very little wear.
The game and exercise room were in the basement. The exercise room was small and hot and the game room had a leak in the ceiling (from the many pipes that ran across the low ceiling) and was dark and somewhat creepy looking. There is a bike rental rack in front of the hotel.
Parking was free but limited; however, we could always find a space no matter what time of the day or night we returned to the hotel.
We’d go back again and have already made a recommendation to friends who might have the need to stay in the Fort Lauderdale area. Sun Tower Hotel & Suites was not luxury hotel; but rather, comfortable, clean, kept up, welcoming, and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Lauderdale's Premiere boutique style hotel, located DIRECTLY on 350 ft of private beach, offers 23 NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies. Enjoy our Sandbar Grille located on our expanded oceanfront terrace or relax by our heated pool. Lounge chairs & umbrella's are provided along with complimentary use of kayaks and paddleboards. Self parking on property is available for no additional cost. There is nothing between you and beach when you stay at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale