“Good hotel for price”

Add it.
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #119 of 130 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Checked in late night. Beds must have been recently replaced. Decent room for sixty bucks. Nice mattress. would stay again for a night if needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2011

I am sure their monthly rates are quite competitive but if your intended stay isn't that long, keep on moving. Price was almost $80 and it was indescribably awful. Pulled into parking lot thinking.. oh we can afford this place and its just a place to crash. Went to a show at the culture room thinking this location is great... just walk there. WRONG!! Horrible idea. Don't turn the lights off or the cockroaches will get you! The stinch, the creepiness of the neighbors.. Kind of wanted to park my car down the street!! I am the type that doesn't need much and thought even I was better than this. I literally scrubbed my body once I got out of that place. I would rather have brought a tent and camped out.. ANYWHERE than this place!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Stayed here 2/6/11 after a cruise. We had a night to sleep before flying out.

The place is a dive, not sure how else to summarize it.

When we pulled up we were immediately worried about our night's stay. The impression you get from the curb is fairly accurate. The rooms are seriously dated. They are very dark. There were more than a few burnt out lights and some of the lamps didn't work. There was a smell in the room when we walked in. Musty would be a good description. My guess is it was the bathroom. The shower floor was put together by someone that either had no clue what they were doing or just didn't care. The drain is in the highest part of the floor so water pools up in the shower and just stagnates. I wore flip flops in the shower.

The AC works really well.

Beds are quite firm. Linens were clean. I pulled up the sheet to inspect the mattress and it appeared bug free. Nothing fancy here.

TV is ancient. I tried to watch the Super Bowl in the room and we laughed at how terrible the image was.

The shuttle driver is a friendly Jamaican guy who speeds like crazy. We were going 60+ in 35 mph zones and more.

Continental breakfast is fruit loops or some corn flake looking things. Juice and coffee are also available. It's a joke.

The pool was just clean enough to seem inviting but just murky enough for me to not want to go in.

To summarize: I would pay more for a better place next time and skip this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2010

This is THE WORST place I've ever been to!! The room smells like OLD MOLD! I have BED BUG BITES ALL OVER MY BODY!!! I couldn't do it anymore, and left to stay elsewhere. Do yourself a favor, don't do it!!! I had a horrible time.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hclan
Reviewed 12 March 2010

This was probably the worst motel I've ever stayed in. When my husband and I were looking for the address we drove past it. We should have kept driving. Our room had two holes in the ceiling, a damp, musty odor, and a door that was not secure. The only reason we stayed (we would have just taken the loss of our $90) was our friiends had already checked in. The only bright spot was the desk clerk who was very friendly. I'm sorry she has to work in such a poor environment.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigheadgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Econo Lodge
#54 of 73 in Hollywood
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#13 of 130 in Fort Lauderdale
#5 of 130 in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#24 of 130 in Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort La...
#28 of 130 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK