“First Time at a Ritz and Not my Last”

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Arrived at the Ritz Fort Lauderdale at 11am after a seven day cruise for a two night stay. We were immediately greeted, and found that we had been upgraded from an ocean view to an ocean front king. We also received $100 for the spa and Continental breakfast, as part of the Platinum American Express Program.

10th floor overlooking the ocean. Small balcony, nice sized room...huge bathroom with separate shower and tub. The bed was so comfortable.Call from the Manager asking if we were happy with our accommodations. Perfect location with shops and restaurants.

The pool area was nice with a walking bridge across to the beach. The pool staff was absolutely terrific and the lounge chairs were extremely comfortable. Within minutes friendly staff got us set up with water, the lunch and drink menu. One staff member was nicer than the next.

We used our spa credit to have our nails done. The nail technicians did a wonderful job. We felt very relaxed and at home with them.

Food: The prices are typical of a resort. We had lunch at the pool which was pricey! Continental Breakfast on the day there was a buffet was cold items only, but it was enough. On Monday though it was off the menu and we were told we had $17.00 to spend. The food would not have been enough so we ended up spending quite a bit more.

We had a running toilet which the engineer came up to fix, but it continued to run. We basically jiggled the handle because it was the middle of the night. I also awakened to noise outside, but it was not too bothersome.

I would defintely return to this location again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RhondaP13

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February for 2 nights. There was an issue w the room's carpet. I'm pretty sure the previous guest had an accident. The room had an overpowering smell of cleaner when we walked in. About an hour later, I noticed my feet were wet when I walked by the side of the bed. I was totally grossed out by this.

We called down to explain the situation and was told we would get a call back after a new room was located. The rooms with our similar view on a high floor were sold out so we were offered a lower floor room. I specifically requested a high floor so I didn't want a lower floor due to someone else's accident. 10 minutes later, we received another call upgrading our room and on a higher floor. Great! We were also given a nice restaurant credit for dinner that evening. A totally unexpected surprise but made me feel good about the fact that I stepped on what was probably throwup w bare feet and the inconvenience of changing rooms. Eric at the front desk handled this situation superbly. We stopped by the.front.desk at check out to thank him again. I didn't realize this but he explained that the Ritz.Carlton gives their staff the ability to fix things themselves instead of having to get a manager involved. They can actually make decisions to help the guests. Obviously, this policy is why the RC has the amazing service that they do. I've never heard of any other company with this policy. I've always loved the Ritz Carlton and I'm sure this is one of the reasons.

The hotel itself is beautiful. The room decor is very nice. The common areas are gorgeous. We had the breakfast package and the food was outstanding. All of the staff did a great job with the exception of the chair.attendant at the beach. He was less than friendly but I think this is.a sub contracted company. The pool is awesome. I did have a rock star walk right by me which was cool.

I would 100% recommend this property. I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank pickytravelerFlorida
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Spent a week at the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale during Spring Break. Had wonderful accomodations in a one bedroom suite on one of the top floors. Beautiful views of the ocean. Renovations were being done above us and woke us up early in the morning. We were upgraded to a Presidential Suite. Had a large balcony. Service was attentive. Ritz Carlton Club Lounge was excellent and staff was extremely helpful. Room service was fast and very good. Hotel didn't feel crowded even though the beaches were packed.
Would definitely recommend it and return for another week.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very well located ,beachfront location, but not really on the beach ,there is an avenue in between.Rooms are nice but need redecoration,they have nice balconies facing the sea , but choose a high floor and towads the center or you will be looking at the sea through big palm trees or a very ugly building sevicing the pool.Amenities were ok ,not impressing. The restaurant and the bar Via Luna had fantastic food and excellent service.Front desk and concierge service were just ok and normally not very helpful. Housekeeping needs a lot of improvement,when i got to my room ( i changed rooms at check in several times because of the view ),the clock was not working , and there was an empty coke can on top of the bedside!It was a nice stay but the hotel did not really impressed me

Room Tip: High floor ,in the center of the hotel facing the sea
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank isabel a
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is splendid. Reminded us of the Peninsula in Hong Kong in 2008. Elegant and stylish inside, yet right on the beachfront so you can sit on the terrace outside the bar or the restaurant and watch the world go by. Rooms are lovely and room service excellent. They actually give you a delivery time when you order! The restaurant was unexpectedly good; we ordered different fish dishes and they far exceeded expectations. There's a CVS pharmacy next door and, just beyond that, the most amazing swimsuit/beachwear shop. The pool area is good; the pool itself only recreational. There is a terrific pool bar which does all sorts of salads and stuff for lunch. We stayed for two nights before a cruise; we will be back.

Room Tip: We asked for a north facing room so that we could see the waterways and the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple