Our family of 4 had a large, very nice intracoastal view suite for a 5 night stay in late December. The hotel is very pretty and well situated near the beach with excellent beach service. However, we were quite surprised by a number of issues that seemed sub-par for a Ritz Carlton: (1) there was only one person at the front desk for check-in and check-out, and a line formed; (2) our bedroom telephone repeatedly malfunctioned during our stay. Maintenance did respond to our calls promptly, but we finally stopped calling for them; (3) Housekeeping did not replenish bathroom supplies properly. They knew we had 4 people in our suite, and we had to ask for extra towels and shampoo daily! We had even told central housekeeping on our first day that we would need this! (4) Our shower head was poor [we didn't complain]; (5) The fitness room was not what I would expect from a Ritz. There were only 3 treadmills, and for 2 days, one of them was broken!
On the plus side, access to the 8th floor Club Lounge was FANTASTIC! The staff there are absolutely wonderful, and we enjoyed the food and ambiance there a lot. This was a perk that came with our room, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
I am not one who looks for faults in a hotel, but I was a little surprised by our experience at this Ritz Carlton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale