“Ahhh....”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 September 2017

What a delightful respite from daily life! This was our 2nd visit this summer and we will be coming back.
Such positive, happy service personnel. Ryan at Happy Hour in the Bar made us happy. :-) He recognized us from a stay in May and welcomed us back! My husband said Michael, pool bar staff, was great at his job. Tall Ilios manager loves to talk and make us feel at home. Elvira, server at buffet, knew exactly what I wanted when I arrived each morning. The Applewood smoked bacon is best I have ever had. The whole buffet and Happy Hour keep bringing us back.
Of course, the views, oh the views. This location can not be beat. We watched the sun set over the intercostal each evening and watched it rise over the ocean each morning. Can it get any better?!
As other reviewers have said, Housekeeping leaves much to be desired. Having asked for turn down service at around dinner time (when we would be out) each evening of our 5 night stay, they showed up 2 times. Once nearly 10:00 and the other they just stood there and asked what we wanted done. We didn't mention the bed, and they didn't turn it down. I called for extra pillows twice and waited 4 hours to get them. They just don't seem to have the happy attitude of the rest of the hotel staff. Clean up was at a minimum. If it weren't for this particular section, your hotel would be absolutely perfect! I hope it improves before we come back again, which we hope to do soon. Heck, we just flew home today and am already looking at dates for the next time we can come back.
Thanks, Manager; it usually sifts from the top down and you have a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Wrap around balcony are unbelievable! The best of both worlds.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

How do you go wrong with a Hilton on the beach with huge suites with full kitchens at a reasonable price? As a diamond member, I was upgraded to an ocean front one bedroom suite with two bathrooms. Everything I needed and more.

Issues

1- valet parking is very expensive close to $50. So use Uber or find free parking near by
2- I arrived at 4pm after check in time. While at first they asked if I could wait, ugh, I reminded them that check in time had passed and a supervisor found me a room.. don't be shy about insisting on your rights as the hotel will insist on theirs and ask you to leave on time.

I give credit to the supervisor who stepped in quickly.

As a Diamond member, I received a continental breakfast buffet with hot portion $8.00 more. While not a five star level breakfast, I was very impressed with all the options s which include smoothies, Greek yogurt, lots of fruits, an espresso machine, smoked salmon, omelette station...

The hotel charges a $30 resort fee daily. It included two free drinks so I thought for my one night stay I got value. They offer 1/2 off drinks from 4-6pm and again later in the evening!

As a diamond member, they graciously offered me a late check out!

Very much enjoyed my stay: room and service. One of the better Hiltons!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I thought the breakfast was over priced at $30. They tack on a convenience fee of $30 that you find on your bill at end of your stay. That covers the FREE two bottles that they give you a coupon for that you have to hunt down the store that has the water. it also covers the FREE Internet. How about offer me FREE and mean it's FREE. and while you are at it $42/night to park at your hotel, OUCH!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank williammY3876TF
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hello, William. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you experienced issues with our resort fee. We would happy to discuss this with you further, if you are interested. Please do let us know.

All the best,
John Allan

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Extremely helpful staff who helped us move rooms very easily due to too much party noise next door. Lots of great advice, easy access to beach and into town. Very family friendly and casual. Amazing view from our room on 25th floor.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the elevator - lots of noise from cables.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Had an excent stay. Was impressed by the service as well as the property..rooms wer beutiful. From the time of arrival to departure i had excelent service. Arrived and greeted by oscar was very hospitable to checkin luggage room service houskeeping. All good will come again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple