This is a great place to go if you like the beach and want plenty of room for your family. We just finished a week long stay in one of their 2 bedroom/2 bathroom units. We had 2 nice size rooms, 3 balconies, a kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator as well as a nice size living room. There were 3 flat screen TVs and if you needed, a pullout couch.
Since I am a Hilton Honors member, I also got breakfast coupons. You had to pay a small fee to upgrade those to a hot breakfast, but if you just want fruit, cereal, coffee, yogurt, and pastries, the basic breakfast works fine. I really enjoyed Elvira, our waitress from Brazil. She took great care of me!! It can get a little crazy in the mornings, but if you ask for her, you will get wonderful service!
The hotel was immaculate. Normally places like this on the beach have a sand issue, but they really keep this place clean. It is a completely non-smoking facility. There is a nice cafe on the ground floor with salads, sandwiches, pizza, Starbucks, and snacks. In the morning you can use your breakfast coupons to get things here up until 11 am. My 15 year old son enjoyed doing that.
The front desk staff and all of the porters are very friendly. Customer service is excellent. We had a problem at check in that was completely resolved by Georgios. Another guest had smoked in the room we were assigned (the entire hotel is non-smoking) and we had to be relocated which was no small task given that the hotel was sold out and it was already 9 pm. I felt that housekeeping should have reported this when the room was made up, but management was able to find an alternative for the night and then the next 6 days were perfect. Georgios was great to deal with and definitely saved the day for us!! Thank you again!
The beach is right across the street and you can rent the beach chairs and umbrellas from the City of Fort Lauderdale (Mr. Gino) and he can have it put on your hotel bill. It is very convenient. The hotel provides beach towels right on the beach which was another big perk. They also have coolers with water. The beach is really clean and was not that crowded. The water is super clear and there are lots of small fish that swim around - my son really enjoyed watching them.
We definitely liked the showers - nice and strong - and they always had hot water!!! Our bathroom was HUGE and well supplied, including q-tips.
I highly recommend this place for families or even solo and business travellers. it is very well maintained and the staff are all very pleasant and helpful. The valet parking is quick and efficient. All in all, a VERY nice place to stay, especially in July when the New Jersey/Maryland beaches are PACKED. It is nice to have a clean beach in a fairly quiet area. There are numerous sea turtle nesting areas so the lights are dimmed at night and I found it to be pretty quiet for a resort area.
There are tons of dinner options too - our favorite place is Trulucks!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton