This was my first trip back to Ft Lauderdale in almost 5 years. I was looking forward to staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort and was able to score a terrific deal on their website for Memorial Day weekend. I stayed for 4 nights.
While the hotel is beautiful and the location can't be beat, the customer service at this hotel needs vast improvement.
. as mentioned, the location - you're right on the beach! What more could you want? And the hotel conveniently provides beach towels for guests. Really nice.
. beautiful, spacious room - through the deal I got online, I reserved a junior suite. Terrific accommodations! Balcony with a beautiful beach and ocean view, mini kitchen with fridge, 2 big flat screen tvs, very comfortable bed, excellent shower and separate soaking tub with amazing bath products. And very nice turndown service each evening!
. the hotel restaurant - probably one of the best hotel breakfast experiences I've had! Depending on your room rate you may get breakfast vouchers otherwise the breakfast buffet is extraordinary as is just ordering a la carte from the menu. I had 2 breakfasts here and each meal was delicious. And terrific service from the wait staff at breakfast - super friendly, fast, efficient - great way to start the day.
. the hotel restaurant - while service and food was top notch for breakfast, dinner was another story altogether. The wait staff was painfully inexperienced and slow. Orders were mixed up. Cocktails had to be sent back. The food, not so great. Salty. Very salty. Hard to believe it was the same place for breakfast! Really disappointing.
. WiFi in the room - I travel a lot to big and small cities all around the world. Sometimes it takes a while to log into a hotel's WiFi. But at a resort like the Hilton in Ft Lauderdale, it shouldn't take nearly 2 hours. For some reason, the WiFi connection was not working in my room. And to make matters worse, the hotel staff did very little to nothing to help solve the problem. An engineer was sent to my room who didn't know anything about WiFi. He only knew about cable hookups. Useless. The front desk passed me off to their AT&T call center in Texas to see if they could get the WiFi up and running. I was on hold and passed from AT&T agent to agent for close to an hour. This isn't something a guest should have to chase after; the hotel staff or management should have stepped in to resolve. It was infuriating. Finally after 2 hours, the AT&T customer service got the WiFi to work. The front desk called me to say to make up for the inconvenience, they would offer me vouchers to use in the restaurant for dinner. It took me close to 36 hours to get the vouchers. I was given excuse after excuse after excuse for why I hadn't received the vouchers, each time someone at the front desk always passed the buck to someone else rather than step up and accept responsibility. Don't offer a guest vouchers if you're not prepared to deliver. Completely unprofessional.
. in room safe - I always keep personal stuff in a hotel's in-room safe for peace of mind. On my last day, the safe wouldn't open. Over the course of an hour, and after a number of phone calls, not one but two engineers had to come to my room to try and open the safe. Again, all with an attitude that showed no sense of urgency or responsibility.
I mean, I was paying to stay here - right?
The hotel is beautiful. No question. The staff attempts to present white glove service from the moment you arrive to the valet. However that quickly disappears once problems arise and you see the inefficiencies of the hotel's customer service which makes guests feeling frustrated rather than taken care of. Not good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton