The hotel is very nice and what really makes it is the staff. From the time you arrive, everyone at this hotel is friendly and helpful. The rooms are also nice. Very modern styled. The beds are super comfortable.
The bathroom was just great. Double sinks and a jacuzzi tub. The shower was nice but could have been a bit larger. It was a shoulder to shoulder fit and I could only imagine what it would feel like for larger adults.
We had a King Junior Suite.
A couple of things I didnt like.
1- Everything is way overpriced. I stay at beautiful hotels across the country and this Hilton ranks at the top of "we take advantage of you because you are here". Valet parking is $31.95 per night. This is ludicrous. We are staying at your hotel. We paid for a room. We have to get there somehow and we need a place to leave our car. Just raise your rates by $20/night and charge people $10 so they dont feel like they are being taken advantage of.
They serve Starbucks coffee in their cafe. Starbucks is expensive as it is. Well they take it to a new level. For over $9 I got 2 medium coffees. One iced and one hot. I asked for 2 pumps of hazelnut and they charged me $1.
I paid $16 for chicken quesedillas at the pool. My included breakfast was basically a lenders bagel. Hot food is an $7 up-charge.
A big gripe of mine was how my Hilton Gold Status was handled. With Gold status you get an upgraded room on check-in, based on availability. They leave the terms so loose they can tell you almost anything is an upgrade, including moving you one room closer to the beach.
We traveled with another couple who booked the same room as us and ended up with a room twice the size as us. Hilton knew we were traveling together as I mentioned it in the booking and they made sure to put us on the same floor. But someone over there should realize that when 2 couples travel together and book the same room, you shouldnt upgrade ones room to a room twice the size as the others. It left a terrible taste in my mouth.
Overall it was a nice stay although I would lean on trying another one of the hotels in the area. The Hilton just left me feeling like I was being taken advantage of and their on-site costs basically said "well how much can we really get away with charging our customers for this".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton