All reviews grand villa victoria park other guests saturday bbq cold towels daily happy hour tropical oasis main pool every evening wilton manors gay men las olas turn down service small gym the entire staff general manager beautiful property
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place is my favorite B&B anywhere. They we have been going about once a year for the last ten years and place looks as good as always. I'm really into gardening and this place is the lushest place I've ever stayed. Emerson stated "an Institution Is the lengthened shadow of one man," but Pineapple point is the love child of two men. And Phil and Judd have created a masterpiece here. Service, service, service! Everyone is on top of their game and very friendly. I have never stayed at the property where I have not met the owners (and received a hug from Phil!)
I highly recommend getting a massage while visiting. This was my first introduction to Javier, but I will ask for him on my next visit.
Room was very clean (we stayed in the older part of the property as I think those rooms have more charm) The villas are huge and can easily accommodate fairly large events--they are larger than my old townhouse.
Guests are always very friendly here and I recommend you make an effort to attend the happy hour. We were there on a Saturday and the food at the cookout is very good.
I never had a problem getting a seat in the sun (I was working on getting a tan). My partner doesn't like to sit in the sun so he stayed in the shade for the most part.
The only thing I can say negative about the trip is that the heater for the lap pool was broken so the water was very brisk. I think they must have upgraded the wifi since our last visit--I was able to stream video from our home DVR to my iPad.
There are many wonderful places to eat within walking distance, but if you are feeling lazy you can order from the menus by the pool and the staff will handle ordering your food. They will bring it to you on a tray poolside--we took advantage of that perk one day.

We made reservations for our next visit before we left.

Room Tip: The older rooms have more charm. The villas are huge.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I'm very observant of people. I'm sorry, it's my nature as a salesman. Their body language, their voice inflections and rhythms and most importantly how they act when they think nobody is watching. My partner and I have stayed at Pineapple Point about 5-6 times in the past 2 years. These are some of the things I've noticed:
Both owners, Judd and Phil, are very active in helping the staff make PP a better place for the guest. Judd is the "Mr. Fix-it" and seems to enjoy doing the outside/dirty odd jobs. While we were there I saw him in the pool cleaning the tiles, and later going to a room to work on a plumbing issue. Phil is great with customer relations and has a good eye for making sure things are just right. I watched him help the staff prepare for the Saturday afternoon BBQ by luging out food and ice and arranging the set up table. He'll go around in the mornings after breakfast and pick up after people putting away trash and plates. I've been to many hotels and guesthouses and seldom do you ever actually see the owners, let alone watch them do psychical work such as Judd and Phil do.

While we were there a child fell off his bike and marked up my white rental car that was parked out front. The mother came in after asking permission, and gave her contact info to the front desk incase my rental company needed it for a damage report. Oh brother - just what I needed. However right away Scotty, a staff member who overheard the conversation, jumped into action and said he had some material in his car and with my permission could buff out the marks. Naturally I said "buff away Scotty". The rental company never said a thing. Nobody asked Scotty to do that, but this is how the employees at Pineapple Point will treat you if you stay there. I watched Scott, the general manager, push back a chair on the deck that had gotten out of alignment. This helped to make sure that nobody bumped into it and made the line of chairs look much better to a OCD person like myself. Nobody was out at the pool at the time and saw this, but I was looking out the window and observed.

I've spent time on my other reviews talking at length about the resort and the rooms, but on this review I needed to highlight the people who actually make the magic happen. If you've read this far then you must be like me, a researcher of where to stay. If that's the case then I say to you...put down the mouse and step away from the computer sir... your search is over. Book your room at Pineapple Point. They work hard - so you don't have to!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place to visit! This is such a great place to kick back and enjoy some getaway time. The facilities are impeccably maintained and the staff can’t do enough for you. This is a must visit place if coming to Fort Lauderdale!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Pineapple Point, and we’ll definitely be returning. We had heard fantastic things about this resort, and it even surpassed the hype. We stayed in one of the amazing guest rooms but also got to see the suites and villas through people we met. All of the accommodations are top notch. The staff specializes in spoiling you while you’re there. And we met dozens of new people - many of whom have been coming to Pineapple Point for years. Aside from going to dinner each night, we barely left the resort. It’s just the right size for being able to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere while still meeting lots of other people at the decks, pools or hot tubs. They also offer professional massages on site. We each had two during the week we were there - total of four different masseurs - all were amazing. We stayed for six nights and are thinking about doing 10 next time. Definitely give this place a try - you won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connector762555
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Another fabulous stay at Pineapple Point after too long of an absence. Wonderfull couple of days in this little paradise out of this world. No need of ocean breeze when you have the luxury of a cosy room within a Palm forest and an amazing and friendly service.
The team as always welcomes you as if you were family, real family.

Room Tip: Every room is different but adorable. Ask the staff about your preferences
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business