“Excellent staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Alexandria, VA, USA
“Excellent staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Friendly staff, spotlessly clean rooms, ample parking, healthy menu.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank HerbTreger
Rp Ambassador R, Public Relations Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Good day Herb,
It was so nice having you stay with us, noticing that are staff is very friendly, our rooms spotless a great menu with something for everyone. And onsite free parking.
Hurry back Herb, we await your speedy and safe return with open arms
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

I resently spent several days at the Royal Palm with a friend and we had a great time. The service was outstanding, they were so accommodating, no matter what our request the answer was "Yes". Rooms were clean and well kept with a personal note upon my arrival. We took advantage of the gym, although small very adiquite with all new equipment, perfect for a vacation work out. We also took advantage of the spa for massages, the deep tissue was exactly what I needed after my work out. The food at the bar was also right on, if you wanted a salad, a hamburger or a egg white omelette, they took care of it. I'm already making plans to return in the fall. This is the best of the gay resorts in the area.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Good day Steven,
You are 100% correct the answer will be “YES” you are here to experience a style and a new standard in a gay male’s guest house. We have raised the bar to levels which set us way apart from everyone else.
I am glad you got to use the entire property. We do have it all and are right on the money with everything we do.
We also agree, we are the best gay resort in the area.
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Have stayed at other clothing optional resorts in FtL. This one is the best. The two-pool option is great. Although, I did spend my time exercising my option and going nude at the clothing optional pool. The heated pool was welcoming--not the cold shock of cold water.

Terry, Carlos, Rick and the other staff were helpful and informative about FtL.

Bought a spa package. I'm a massage therapist. Withholding my comment. But, you should consider a spa package.

The onsite bar and bistro were terrific. One-stop enjoyment.

Room was always cleaned.

Room Tip: Had a corner room second floor c/o pool side. Great.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry R
Greetings Terry,
We are so glad that you have stayed around at other guest houses before and now that you have stayed here you can see the big difference between us and all the rest, you see what sets us apart and how a guest house should be run.
It is nice having a warm pool to get into and not get the big shock of a cold pool.
I am glad that Terry, Carlos and Rick helped you out with everything you needed.
Also, yes the spa here is a definite to do, let’s just say that should be on everyone’s bucket list of things to do at the resort.
As always we await your speedy and safe return with open arms
Forest Hills, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed at the Royal Palms over Memorial Day weekend and the overall experience was outstanding.

I enjoyed spending time by both pools, both different vibes and both enjoyable.
The onsite restaurant/bar is a great plus - no other gay guest house in Ft. Lauderdale has this to the best of my knowledge.

The staff is superb and the rooms are comfortable and spotless.

I already made a reservation for Thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait!

Howard - Forest Hills, NY

Room Tip: Stay in the 2nd building if you want to avoid any late night talking by the front pool and bar.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Greetings Howard,
Thank you for staying with us over the holiday we love hearing that it was outstanding.
Having two pools affords us the ability to have a place for everyone, and yes we are the only guest house in Fort Lauderdale that has a bar and grille on property.
Thank you for saying the staff is superb we strive in that to make sure that we are above all the rest. Thanks for noticing.
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Excellent, excellent, excellent! That's all I can say about virtually everything I experienced in my week-long stay here. Friendly, HARD-WORKING, and helpful staff. Convenient bar and restaurant on premises. Short walk to the beach. Best massage of my life (so I booked two!). Great comraderie among patons, with many guests who have returned often (and I can understand why!). Clean and comfortable rooms. I found this place to be super extraordinary, and I will be back again and again and again! Thank you all so much for a vacation I would rank as one of my most memorable, enjoyable, and (when I wanted it) relaxing. All success in the world to you guys...you definitely deserve it!

Room Tip: I stayed near the front pool, which is busy well into the night. The noise never bothered me, but i...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rp Ambassador R, Public Relations Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Greeting Matt B,
So extremely glad to hear that your stay was and I quote “Excellent, excellent, excellent!” we are trying to rewrite the standards for how a guest house should be. With our warm and welcoming staff to the attention we give every guest to the bar and grille on property. We will stop at nothing to make sure every guest has on over the top experience.