“My Daughters Birthday Brunch”
Review of OCEAN2000

OCEAN2000
Reserve with OpenTable
OCEAN2000 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,426 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A
Description: OCEAN2000, is the Pelican Grand Beach Resort's new Fort Lauderdale waterfront restaurant. The menu features new American fare, and offers diners an alternative to other upscale Ft Lauderdale restaurants.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I came here with my 2 daughters to celebrate 1 of my daughter’s birthday. We came for brunch. Jacky B waited on us. Well let me tell you she was amazing!!! My daughter is in the Biz she’s a bartender at 1 of our best restaurants in Coral Springs . Jackie HOOKED us up always classes full consistently checking on us. What a fabulous experience and this place has an actual brunch you know the spread where you go up and have many wonderful options and can keep going up and as many times as you like. That is a brunch! The food was very yummy. Nice options seafood, macaroni, salads, meat station, omelet station waffles, deserts so much and all very good. My daughters loved it here. Thank you Jacky for being so amazing and treating us sooo well!!!!!! I am going next weekend taking my Hubby and another couple they have not been. I think they are going to love it. Also it’s on the beach beautiful views and peaceful.

1  Thank tamottola

Reviewed 5 April 2018

By all means make it here for dinner, you will thank me for it. It's quite romantic and was perfect for celebrating our anniversary.
The food and service is great.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Everything from the view to the service and meal was absolutely perfect. Best meal we had while in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We thought that we had saved the best restaurant for our last night of vacation in Ft. Lauderdale...........boy, were we wrong!!!!!

Yes, this restaurant does have THE best view of the ocean......and that is why we were so looking forward to it!

Trust me, we are used to Ft. Lauderdale prices .........but $5/shrimp for a shrimp cocktail???? For the four that we purchased, we can buy more flavorful ones in PA. SO disappointing!!!!

When we didn't receive any breads or rolls, we asked our server about them. There is a charge for a bread plate............really???? He gave us a break, though, since we only wanted two rolls & didn't charge us for them.

As for our entrees, my spouse ordered the Sea Bass special of the day. I was interested in the salmon entree, but our server suggested the Cumin-Dusted local fish instead.......told me that it wasn't spicy, but when the meal arrived, I couldn't eat more than a mouthful or two......MUCH too heat for me. Thanks for "comping" that dish, by the way.

Will this restaurant be included in our future visits to Ft. Lauderdale??? Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many other wonderful restaurants to visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The restaurant at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort is extremely well situated, directly overlooking the beach. We ate here for 4 nights while staying at the hotel in March, and each time were allocated a great table without pre-booking. The service each time was great. The food was fine, albeit the menu is not very extensive, and if we’d been staying any longer than 4 nights we would have started to explore other dining options.
We also enjoyed cocktails in the evening served on the outside patio overlooking the beach, again with great service from the cocktail waiters.