Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great except....”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I booked this hotel pre cruise specifically for the parking. I called Hampton Inn on the number listed for this hotel which turned out to ne a central number not actual location. Explained I wanted to leave my car here for the week and she said no problem and I asked if there were any fees and was told no. Well upon checkin I was told it would be $10 or $15 a night for parking. They were not willing to even listen to my story and made no apologies. I called the central office and they said to pay it then send in the receipt and they would look into refunding it bc their system didn't note it was a pay lot. Other then that thinks were ok.....

• Stayed March 2012
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Greetings from Sunny South Florida!

I do apologize that you were given the incorrect information from Central Reservations gave you the incorrect information. I have made contact with them to resolve for future guests ... Thank-You for sharing.

Safe Travels,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel pre and post a cruise from the port of Miami. The beds and pillows were comfortable, the rooms were very clean. The breakfast was excellent,fresh fruit, hot waffles, real oatmeal, and two steamers with other hot fare one morning american fries and turkey sausage and the other omelets and sausage patties.(as well as all the other usual breakfast food). The room also had a refrigerator and microwave. They have a small convenience snack shop with that includes beer and wine as well as some frozen foods, The pool and hot tub are outside on the second floor. The only thing not clean was the gym, spray bottles should be provided so each exerciser can clean up after themselves. Sweaty equipment is gross! Everyone expect to clean up after themselves. The only other negative is that this hotel in not located in a good area of town for walking, or for any restaurants or shopping, It costs about $15-20 by taxi from the Ft Lauderdale Airport, this hotel does not have a shuttle,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank lindalee8459
Greetings from Sunny South Florida -

Thank-You for sharing your review with us... I have to agree our hotel is very clean and our staff is Excellent! The staff is trained to anticipate our guests needs, exceed expectations and always go above and. Our hotel is not the typical Hampton Inn hotel - We are located in the heart of downtown and convenient to everything ( beaches, cruise port, hard rock cafe ) all a short taxi ride away ... and walking distance Trendy Las Olas with lots of boutique shipping and restaurants with great night life!

Hope to see you in the near future -
Denver
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Aside from it being in a rough part of town and being run down and not very clean, the staff is very unhelpful. We stayed at this location because of its location in respect to the venue we were visiting that evening. It turned out to be a big mistake and cost me a lot more than the alrady high rate of $250 per night. We checked a bag in their "secured" closet and recieved a claim check for the bag. When we returned to get our bag, they didn't have it, it had been stolen by "an undisclosed third party" and hotel policy is not to compensate the guests for their loss. Apparently they turned it over to their insurance company who denied the claim, saying it was a "no fault" occurance. The hotel, after about 10 phone calls compensated us by crediting our night stay, but I am personally out $900, $250 of which has been credited back to my credit card, but the hotel is refusing to compensate me further. They did, however compensate the owner of the bag for about half of the value of what he lost. Overall we are still out over $1000 in missing items and the hotel has no plans of helping us further. I then contacted corporate, they tried to get the hotel to do more, but had no luck. They offered me one night at a Hampton of my choice and said there is nothing else they can do. Even at $250 for the addtl night, I'm out $400 still and the owner of the bag is still out over $400 as well, and now will not get anything further. I don't know how they think this is fair or how they think it is good business practice, I will Never stay at a Hampton or Hilton ever again in my lifetime, there are a lot of other options, much better options than Hampton/Hilton. They have lost my business forever.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Courtney P
I appreciate the time you took to write a review. I do apologize that you had a poor experience. At the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale we go above and beyond to ensure our guests are satisfied and relax. In researching your review I believe you failed to mention that the hotel did work with the owner of the bag ( out of good faith ). How the owner of the bag distributes the funds the hotel gave to him is his choice. The hotel also ( out of good faith ) comp'd all rooms involved ( although the bag did not belong to you ). Point being, the insurance company if within legal guidelines was responsible would have paid for your loss - since it was unfounded your claim was denied ( and proven via video tape). As the insurance company advised – you should pursue this claim under your home owners insurance. As you can see from our past reviews this sort of experience does not occur frequently - In fact all pleasant reviews with high ratings are noted in the past few years ... We truly do care about our guests.

Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I used the Hampton Inn the night before embarking on our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. This is a very nice hotel with clean rooms, friendly staff, and free shuttle service to the Port. The complimentary breakfast included eggs and waffles in addition to the typical morning fare. The desk staff provided an excellent dinner recommendation to Maguires Irish Pub which was a short walk from the hotel. We were also able to hire Ace Shuttle Service to provide transportation on our return from the cruise. Ace provided prompt service to the airport for $10/person.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Greetings from Sunny South Florida!

I am delighted that you shared your experience with us - We are a great Pre / Post cruise hotel ... Offering packages that allow for parking during your cruise and complimentary shuttle for two guests is an effortless way to start out your voyage. Our hotel is very clean with a wonderful staff -

Thank-You for your compliments - I look forward to seeing you on your next trip -

Tampa
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The location is great and the amenities are even better! This hotel offers more than is expected and is the best bang for your buck. The pool is nice and has a jacuzzi---and is open 24/7, which is a nice feature. The free morning breakfast is actually amazing; good home-cooked food and a lot of variety! Parking is convenient and safe because they have a connecting garage for all guests. Easy drive to the beach and to all the nearby downtown shopping. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KeithWTampa
Hello Tampa!!

I am delighted to hear that you had a perfect stay!! We try to deliver a wonderful experience to you and your guests each and every time. Our hotel is right in the heart of downtown allowing for a relaxing night’s sleep with a hearty breakfast and exciting night life and relaxing beaches!

I hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny South Florida,