New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Wonderful and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gondolas West

Gondolas West
More attraction details
Owner description: Gondolas Wests' M/V eCHO is a nearly silent 22' electric boat that cruises the back canals and rivers of beautiful Ft. Lauderdale. With a commitment to green energy, our tours are focused more on nature over noise. Come with us to see the wildlife that south Florida is famous for... Manatees, Great Blue Herons, Egrets and Osprey are only a few of the characters we will see on this unique cruise through the "Venice of America"
Copenhagen, Denmark
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

If you want to spend a few hours enjoying Fort Lauderdale from the waterside in a very relaxed way, this is the place to be. Away from traffic an noise you can enjoy the wonderful waterways and houses in the company of Chris, who will do anything to make you feel at home.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank DKMACA
Chris M, Owner at Gondolas West, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
I'm glad you liked the trip...what a girl!! Surprising here husband with not only a boat ride, but a trip to Florida for his birthday! Hope you had a great vacation, and next time you can bring the kids..Chris
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Czech first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a nice cruise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a nice quiet boat ride on a brand new electric boat so there is no engine noise at all. Captain Chris, who also owns the boat was very friendly and accommodating to us since we told him we're locals. He managed to find a few canals and waterways none of us had been on yet. BYOB if you go and plan to relax and see Fort Lauderdale from the BEST points of view!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Steffi S
Chris M, Owner at Gondolas West, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Hey Steffi...thanks for the nice review...You had me a little nervous when you told me that you were all locals, but I'm glad that we got to show each other some things that neither of us knew...I love when I can learn more about the plants and trees around the area, so thank you for coming out with me...Hope you have a great sailing season and come back to see me again when you have time...Chris
Silver Spring
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“See the places the big boats can't go. Parts of Lauderdale I hadn't seen before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Nice boat lovely couple of hours on the water.
Saw places I hadnt seen before in Lauderdale. Not the big sites but enjoyable

1 Thank Bearaway
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Horrible awful experience. I had made plans and no one ever showed up. We called and he didn't even know he had a reservation but was on his way. That's nice. Cut into my cruise time. No thanks.

2 Thank ChaseChgo
Chris M, Owner at Gondolas West, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Hi Chase...thanks for allowing me to post my reply...I again apologize for allowing your reservation to slip my attention..I take full responsibility for that...Recently I have started using a booking service who notifies me when reservations come in and I am still training myself to look at emails every 15 minutes or so. I'm sorry that I cut into your cruise time and I know how valuable vacation time is.

I think its fair to note however, that I was in the hotel lobby at 10:02 a.m.for the 10:00 a.m. trip, where I called your partner to see where you two were...I think that its also fair to note that I did offer to take the both of you out at the 12:30 time, but was rebuffed...And finally, its fair to note that you were fully refunded for your missed tour.

I'm sorry that I missed the chance to meet the both of you and to show you the beauty of the Ft. Lauderdale Canals, and hope that you can find it in you to try my tour the next time you are in the south Florida area. I promise to make it up to the both of you....Sincerely, Chris
Atlanta, GA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“A must-do activity when visiting Ft. Lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and I took our older parents to Ft. Lauderdale and this boating expedition with Chris was, by far, our best activity. It was far more interesting than we expected, Chris was an absolute delight as our host (informative, attentive, and humorous), and everyone had fun. With elderly parents, the morning adventure was perfect. Next time we'll bring friends, and a bottle of wine, and go for an afternoon expedition!

Visited February 2012