“Very Nice Staff and very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Nice Staff and very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

My family (21 people) stayed there the night before a cruise. The shuttle was perfect- they even picked up my daughter who arrived seperatley from the airport at 11:00 pm. Love the Flamingos! The rooms were clean and comfortable and very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful with a wonderful suggestion for dinner for our large group. We took advantage of the pool and the breakfast which was all that we could want. I would highly recommend this hotel. There was a shopping center close by where we cold walk to pick up thoes last minute forgotten items before we left for Miami and our cruise.

2 Thank Barbara D
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Greetings Barbara D! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing great feedback from our fantastic guests! I am so happy that you and your group found the rooms to be clean, the staff to be very friendly, and the breakfast and pool to be "all we could want"! These reviews are very important to my hotels future success and I thank you so much for doing the review and for saying that you highly recommend my hotel!. I would also love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

David Blevind
GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
VICTORIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is a great place to stay before or after a Cruise. The complimentary shuttles from the airport and Cruise Port are a real bonus. The room was lovely - clean and quiet. We also enjoyed the free breakfast. Our only regret was we didn't stay for a few more days to enjoy the pool and other amenities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank buttercup87
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Hello there Buttercup87! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. Positive guest feedback is always appreciated. I am thrilled that you found the room to be quiet and clean and that you enjoyed the free shuttles and breakfast! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA! ( and yes...you will have to stay longer next time!....:)

Redwood City, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of our travel agent before our cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. The hotel's shuttle picked us up from the airport and also took us to the port the next day. There was a bit of confusion as where we should go to pick up the shuttle from the airport. The person at the front desk gave us the wrong directions, but we figured it out. When we got to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel serves a complimentary breakfast in the morning which was also an added plus. This way we didn't have to go looking for food in the morning. The breakfast even had some hot items (sausage patties and scrambled eggs). The breakfast wasn't gourmet and they won't earn any cooking awards, but it served it's purpose. I think we paid $150 for one night stay. It was a bit high for this type of establishment, but it was worth it because of the shuttle and proximity to the airport and the port.

3 Thank CAVacationGirl
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Greetings CAVacationgirl! I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. We love hearing from happy guests! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the shuttle service to and from the airport and to the port everglades cruise port. It also sounds like you had a GREAT room and it was clean and comfortable! Sorry about the confusion with directions at the airport, it is a very confusing airport! Overall it sounds like you had a nice stay and I really appreciate you recommending my hotel! I would love to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Dalton,Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Waited 45 minutes to be picked up at the airport,while trying to call the hotel to a "busy" tone the entire time. Arrived to no electric, so we had to carry our bags up 2 flights of stairs. Air conditioner never got cold, so I called the front desk and waited 40 minutes for someone to look at it. Thermostat was broken.Went to hang my towel on the hook by the shower and it came out of the wall onto the floor. Went to get ice, and my bucket was full of trash from a previous guest. The breakfast area was very crowded and items were never refilled. Finally after dealing with this mess, we talked to the front desk and were given a $20 discount off our bill. The front desk people were very nice, but I do not feel like I was 100% satisfied with my stay. That is what was stated on our bill(?) I would NOT stay here again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anniexray
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Anniexray- I want to thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We do appreciate our guests feedback. I do apologize that you were not happy with your stay with us.
Unfortunately, you arrived in Ft. Lauderdale when our WHOLE AREA had a power outage for 5 hours which affected not only our phones but all electric in our building. ( the Thermostat was operating but needed time to reboot) It was a 100% act of God and I sure wish there was something I could have done to fix it quicker, but Florida Power and Light tend to work at their own pace! I do know that we were offering to help carry all guests luggage up the stairs to help minimize the inconvienance, I am sorry that somehow we missed taking yours up. As a hotel GM, this is one of the most frustrating things that can happen to a hotel due to not having the ability to do anything to help move the process along quicker- Thankfully, almost all of my guests were very understanding of the situation. Again, my sincere apologies for the electric and I am sorry that we missed the ice bucket and had a hook that came off the door. I do welcome you to contact me directly so that we can try and make it right. Thanks for letting me know.
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Awesome customer service. Anything we need they met. Mini fridge in room, roll out bed, free a ride to and from airport, convention center, local restaurants, ports. We stayed for two days also got early check in all free. Will be using again for next years taekwondo tournament. Nice pool and rooms close to beaches and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Howardnchar S
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Hello there Howardnchar S,
I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice Trip Advisor review about my hotel. We love hear from our valued guests! WOW....what a great review! I am so happy that you thought we offered "Awesome service"!! That is music to a GM's ears! It also sounds like you enjoyed the room and the area- being close to the beach and many restaurants. Thanks again and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!