“great food,service, and staff”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We returned to Hyatt Pier 66 after many years, to find it as beautiful as it was then. The style of the building now seems retro,but the views are spectacular. The pool is gorgeous and well run. It's a short bus ride from the beach, but a stop is right out front for a regular bus or the free trolley.
We have always liked Hyatts and one of the reasons is the food. Every meal we had there was excellent. We had a slight problem the first night when noise from a nearby, moored yacht kept us awake. Despite the fact that the hotel was full, the next day we were given another beautiful room for the rest of our week. The staff was extremely helpful and came to our rescue. No other problems. I love that hotel!

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the Towers the best.
1  Thank Craigvillite
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 April 19-24. I was not impressed whatsoever. The room was never very clean. Everything seemed old and tired. Stains on furniture, random broken pieces of furniture. I am usually very generous with my reviews on trip advisor but I just can't sugar-coat this one. The worst part of my stay was when I took the room service menu to bed to look at, when I opened it all of these tiny bugs came out of it. They got all over the bed and one of my bags with clothes. I was appalled to say the least. I called the front desk right away. They sent housekeeping to change the bed sheets but didn't really do anything about the bugs. My boyfriend and I killed most of them. I would not stay here again. Fort Lauderdale is a lovely place but I would spend more money to stay at a nicer hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ally k
GMPier66, Manager at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows me to perfect our service moving forward. Please know that I will address your concerns about the need for an upgrade with ownership, and your concerns with housekeeping and staff friendliness with my team to ensure that these types of mistakes are addressed immediately. I do hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with the service that Hyatt is known for.

All the best,

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com

Reviewed 26 April 2012

always enjoy my stay at pier 66. great location, food , grounds, and gym....... mz

Room Tip: the tower has great views, but poolside lanai s , is like being at an island resort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Unlike what some others have said, we had a great stay here. We were only here for the night and picked up the hotel from Hotwire. We arrived early (10am), and room were not ready yet. I called ahead and was told to put my name on the list to get called when we arrived. After a quick taxi ride from the airport for around $20-25, we checked in and put our names on the list. The bellman took our bags, and we walked around. The hotel location is great and has an amazing view from the top. It was busy as there were too weddings going on the day we stayed, but it wasn't too crowded. After a drink and lunch by the pool, we were called around 12pm (only 2 hrs later!) to check in. We had a Lanai room on the east side with a nice view of the waterway. Everything was clean and as expected, great for a relaxing night stay. We ended up taking the van to the beach and walked around. Someone mentioned earlier that the van drops you at a hotel that's not near anything. They must have not walked far enough because there were plenty of shops and places to eat just up the road. When we got back, we had some excellent sushi at the restaurant bar. The next morning we went for a walk around the marina area to check out all of the large boats. There are some great sights out there! After a seamless checkout, we picked up a van (taxis were also available) to the port.

Definitely an excellent stay, and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

1  Thank xpcruiser911
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This place was recommended by a customer when our daughter got engaged. We looked at many places in Palm Beach and Broward counties and were pretty disappointed. They wanted a waterside wedding. From the time we met with the event coordinator, Keith Willert to the day of he wedding, we had very little hassels. The price was inclusive of everything including a five hour open bar, hors d'heurves and the cake was delicious and the bride and groom got the honeymoon suite included! People are still calling us and commenting on the event. We reserved 29 rooms and each one plus was taken. We had a few bumps with the reservations and the brides room which were quickly resolved beyond our expectations. Our wedding event was April 14, 2012,

Room Tip: Select the rooms in the two story buildings overlooking the waterways and the yachts. Pool side can...