“Another great pre-cruise experience”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Calgary, Canada
“Another great pre-cruise experience”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night before our cruise left Ft. Lauderdale. We paid an extra $20 to be in the "new" section. It was quite a large room with a balcony and had everything we needed, except a bathrobe.
The check-in staff and concierge were each very helpful. We used their coupon book for a 2 for 1 deal on the water taxi, which was within easy walking distance.
We loved the location on Las Olas Blvd - great restaurants and shops. We went across the street to Johnny V for a fun, happening atmosphere. Although the Riverside was hoppin' also, as they had a singer and people were dancing on the sidewalk!
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cdnabroad
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Good Afternoon,
I am happy to see that you took advantage to incorporate a night on Las Olas with your cruise. Being the International Hotel of Fort Lauderdale the Riverside Hotel has the perfect setting for you to just take the elevator down and have an engaging experience.

Did you know that Wesley Phillips used to tour with Michael Jackson? No wonder that people were dancing on the sidewalk. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Have a terrific day,

Heiko Dobrikow
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The Riverside staff was extremely friendly and very helpful to your needs. The hotel is strategically located in the heart of Las Olas Boulevard, it's fairly close to the beach, Riverwalk, shops and restaurants and transportation. I didn't rent a car, I use mass transportation, water taxi, bus and trolley, it was easy to get around. They have an old section in the hotel, which is quaint and cheaper, I didnt view the new tower yet I am told its modern with bigger rooms so if you're particular, you may want to look into this. They offered me an inexpensive upgrade but I was satisfied with my room. I will be back.

Room Tip: check into new section vs the older section? Depends on your tastes and who you are with. Also, th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Good Afternoon,
I was so pleased to see your Trip advisor and thank you for the PERFECT rating. You are correct that our location is the best in Fort Lauderdale, as we are the only hotel on famed Las Olas Boulevard.

I hope to see you in the near future.

Have a lovely day,

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My sister and i stayed at Riverside prior to departure on a cruise ship. I am so glad I chose this place!! Loved the hotel, the room, the views, service, the history of the hotel, and the location on Las Olas Blvd. We walked up and down the boulevard, had great food, and became giddy with the people watching. The hotel itself was lovely, with a rich, well-seasoned character.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Good Morning,
thank you for the PERFECT score and we appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We have become the most preferred choice for pre- and post- cruisers, as our hotel is located in the entertainment district of Fort Lauderdale. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed this option.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Bon Voyage,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Had a great time at riverside! Went Aug. 4, 2012. Clean room, helpful staff, excellent service! I came with my girlfriend and stayed at riverside before our Carnival Cruise.

Taxi to riverside from airport: Less than $20

Stayed at the new tower rooms with balcony. The view sucked as we were looking at the city when we wanted to look at the canals.

Ate at the In-house restarurant: Free drinks! excellent food and service! Live entertainment was great too!

At the end of the trip they helped me get a shuttle to port everglades.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarcusG27
Good Morning,
I am happy to see that you have enjoyed the service from my staff and that you found our food delightful. Just in March of this year we were honored with the award of being the Best Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale by Go Riverwalk Magazine! In April our Chef Toby Joseph was awarded Best Chef. Also I was thrilled that you enjoyed the entertainment.

Have a great rest of the year!

Sunny regards,

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2012

It is the best because if you are in the Las Olas area you are staying out late and drinking. The Riverside is actually a very nice hotel that is clean and has great room service. It is in an ideal area for shopping, eating and drinking and right on a very cool waterway.

Perfect place for a vacationer that doesn't need all the fancy perks that you will pay triple for just down the road.

Room Tip: Request a room on the water. It is cool to watch the boats go through at night.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Good Morning,
I really like your headline for us being "The Best Hotel..." and believe me it made my staff very proud when I shared your trip advisor with them. I agree with you that we have the best location and since we have been in service for over 75 years, we also pride ourselves making your experience memorable.

Thank you for your review.

Warm regards,