“Nice hide out in a HECTIC town!!!!!! ;)”

Baymont Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Reviewed 27 September 2011

After traveling to the BIG CITY of Miami (Cutler Ridge area/ Pembrook Pines) and finding ABSOLUTELY nothing to stay in and if there was availability I'm not even sure we would have felt safe staying there, we hopped on the Turnpike for a short 10 minute drive to this Econo Lodge. I do have to stay, I have never stayed in an Econo Lodge before and was VERY leary.... I had called ahead of time just to make sure that there was availability and that the rooms were accessible from the inside only and not the outside- just a safety issue at the time- I was traveling alone with my sick mother and needed some handicap accessible room options and wanted a few safety things checked out. I spoke with a wonderful lady by the name of Shirley I believe. She assured me that this Econo Lodge was not going to let me down and was not "Econo" when it came to SAFETY! When we arrived I was so surprised by the facility. It looked brand new, VERY well lit and all rooms accessible by the inside only. I went in to check in before I started to unload my disabled mother and Shirley wouldn't let me check in before she let me look at two rooms and made sure that they were to my liking and would be ok for my mom. I thought that was above and beyond and Shirley was extra special and made sure that my mother was in the handicapped equipped room IF that's what she felt comfortable with.
The hotel was VERY clean!!! The rooms are very large and bathrooms in the rooms are as well.
When I said nice hide out in a hectic town, what I meant by that is.... When we have have been back we don't bother looking for hotels in that CRAZY busy town of MIAMI! We just call Shirley, she is usually working the day shift and we make a reservation at the Econo Lodge in Florida City. It may seem a bit away from Miami, but it really is NOT and it is worth jumping back on the turnpike and driving down to exit 2 I believe to stay in PEACE and QUIET! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in first room which was the handicap room. The rooms in the back of the hall are smoking r...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank phototraveling1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 July 2011

15 of us stayed at this hotel from may 2nd for 3 weeks we requested ground floor rooms and the staff went out of there way to help us The pool area was cleaned every day as was the hot tub the rooms was also cleaned daily the pool cafe was outstanding the kids loved it the pool was open every night until midnight great after the long walks around the parks special thankyou to all the staff here you are a credit to the hotel i will be back also i saw no bugs or prostitutes only cute little lizards and staff working hard to make it a wonderful holiday

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2011

the bad points of this hotel 1.very basic and outdated 2.filthy dirty carpets throughout 3.not good service 4.hidden charges 5.coakroach and bug infested rooms&pool 6.rooms get broken into valubles /money go missing reguarly 7.prostitutes use this hotel regular 8.the free shuttle bus is always full and is also for other hotels 9. staff are very rude 10 holiday rep never available . i have wrote this to make other people aware and not to make the same mistake i did! book elsewhere for a enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank scotland1977
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Yes, it was clean and had hot water with good pressure. But an indicator of how they feel about guests is that the best parking spot is reserved for the manager. Checking in and out took entirely too long. The clerk (manager?) probably repeated my room number 6 times as he SAT there figuring my final bill. Something that looked like a 4th of July punk (joss stick?) was burning in a stand right on the counter of the no-smoking "lobby" and was annoying.
Beds were lumpy, some areas had bad smells. Metal door jambs had rust showing and needed painting. Our room was tiny. The breakfast wasn't worth the time. There are signs all over, like: Don't fill ice chests. Ice is for room only. Don't take food back to your room. Food is to be eaten in dining area only.
If all you need is a place to shower and sleep after spending the day in the Everglades, this place is probably sufficient. But next time, we'll spend a few more bucks and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

This place is a waste of money. The rooms and hallways reek of cigarettes, the breakfast is dismal and the service is terrible. It was very crummy overall. Housekeeping woke us up even though we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I guess they can't read. At "breakfast" (generous name for watered-down orange juice and off-brand cereal) the waffle maker was broken and you had to track down an employee to get milk, or anything else, refilled. Take your money elsewhere ... this place is a rip-off.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple