3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$112
Priceline$112
getaroom.com$117
1,155 results
All reviews front desk choice hotels room was clean great value first floor everglades national park gas station staff was very friendly and helpful would stay again florida keys nick motel huts tiki carpet biscayne highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2021

Excellent services, the staff were very friendly, the room was clean, breakfast is grab and go, restaurants right in front of the hotel walking distanced Denny’s, Pollo tropical, McDonald’s, Burger King Wendy’s, KFC, Outlet Center 5min from the hotel, Key West from the hotel 125 mi 2 hr 48 min the hotel pool hours 8am-10pm. Thank you Quality inn

Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Quality Inn Florida City - Florida Keys Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Hello roded412,

Thank you for leaving your five-star rating of our hotel. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Yes, our hotel is located within short walking distance to the restaurant and stores. Our management is always happy to serve you and we can't wait to see you again!

For quick and hassle-free reservations please call us directly at 305-248-4009 and/or

(5) 40 larger-than-standard rooms (350 sq ft / 33 sq meters)

(6) Breakfast hours 6 am to 10 am. Due to COVID-19, we now offer free on-the-go breakfast bags which
include fruit, granola bar, breakfast sandwich and bottle of water. Coffee, tea, oatmeal packets, hot
chocolate, apple juice, orange juice available in the lobby during business hours.

(11) Business Center in lobby

(12) Same management as that of Travelodge next door, winner of Franchisee of the Year awards 2013-

(14) Pool hours open from 8 am to 8 pm

ALLIGATOR FARM (AIR BOAT RIDES) & EVERGLADES/BISCAYNE NATIONAL PARK ARE ONLY 10 MILES
FROM OUR HOTEL

(For best directions on GPS, please type the address of Denny's Restaurant, 401 se 1st Ave, FL 33034.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Every 3 years i take family vacation to key west. And i happened to stay here all the time. Hotel is very neat and clean. Rooms are excellent. Breakfast good. Customer service and room service are excellent. I have stayed, i am staying and i will stay at this location everytime i would visit down south. Beds are very comfertable.

Cleaniness, customer service at it best.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank 681hardikp

Hello 681hardikp,

Thank you for your kind comments and 5-star rating! We can't begin to express how much it means to our management and staff to hear from guests like yourself who have found our accommodations and services to be so welcoming and
convenient throughout the years. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next
visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

This is an amazing quality inn, great management and super friendly staff! They make you feel welcomed and appreciated. The hotel is super clean. My daughter and I swam in the pool every evening, it was warm and very clean! Even it being during covid, The housekeeping people were always happy to get you whatever toiletries you needed and supplied enough towels ( we had this problem at other hotels) . Great hotel! Convenient location.

1  Thank Tigigirl213

Hello Tigigirl213,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly! We so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2021

The best hotel is in the town, Front desk told us they manage both hotels, the parking lot is very clean, rooms are an amazing clan. The staff is super friendly. love the place and price, thank you will stay again

Hi 885dot,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms as a good value for your money. We can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your five-star review, and we can't wait to
serve you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2021

I planned to stay in south Florida for a month to get to know the community and neighborhood . I was focused on Redlands/Homestead area and it’s very hard to get information about Redlands/Homestead from 1400 miles away even with internet. All the property pictures, etc looks very nice but, it’s very disappointing you see it in person. I stayed at Quality Inn at Lexington, MA for a month originally planned to stay for 3 months but had to change the plan since I could get better furnished one bedroom apartment at a cheaper rate with all the amenities – cable/internet/wifi/utilities, etc better than Quality Inn could provide. So, I moved out after staying one month. The staff were so disappointed that I moved out. The manager took me out for lunch to learn my opinion about the hotel and amenities and how she can make it better. Now, the thought came to me that I should do the same in Homestead.

So, I contacted Hometead/Florida City Quality Inn to reserve a room for a month on a weekly basis. I could get the room reserved at a rate of $452.06/per week including tax. I started driving on 7/31/21 on 1300 miles + trip to Homestead/Florida City Quality Inn. After driving more than 12 hours, I was feeling sleepy. So, I took the very next exit St. George, SC and took a room at Peach Tree Inn around 10 PM. This is a very small town/village and Peach Tree Inn is very small. This was a walk-in and the gentleman at the lobby gave me a room. The room was small but clean and bed was prepared in a professional manner better than 5-star hotels. I dropped off the key Sunday morning and proceeded to Quality Inn at Homestead/Florida City at 6:30 AM. I reached at Quality Inn around 3PM. I checked in happily after seeing all the TripAdvisor and other awards posted at the lobby and unloaded my computers to setup the WiFI so that I can work during the week while I can look for houses in the evening and weekends. I got the pcs connected. All went well so far.

Around 8:30 PM, after driving for over 21+ hours, I was tired and planned to sleep. I lifted the comforter and horrified to see that the bed was not prepared. Whoever slept there before his/hers or both left their hair and other bodily fluid stains, etc on the sheet. It was a double bedroom, so I went to check the other bed. To my horror, that was even worse. I went to the front desk and said bed was not prepared and room not cleaned. The guy at the desk said the house keeping crew left for the day and there is nobody there. But he said he can give me sheets and I can change them (the guest should change the sheets and clean the room). Since, being so exhausted I agreed. So, he left the front desk, went to storage room, and gave two sheets. I went to room and pulled the sheets. I got shocked to see that unknown particles, human hair etc underneath the sheets. So, I went to the front desk and told him and showed him picture as well. So, he offered to give me a different room. I agreed stating that I wanted to see the room first. He gave me the key and went to the room, pulled the comforter and bed was not prepared for a new guest. Returned to the front desk and told him the status, so he promptly gave another key to check another room. With each room, I checked the room condition was getting worse. After seeing about 3 or 4 rooms and walking back and forth to the front desk, I told him that give keys for all available rooms. He said he will get someone to show me more rooms. He got someone and he started showing me rooms. Each room, he offered, and I politely showed the human hair or other residuals on the bed. Now, I had enough, and I wanted to get my money back and find another hotel. The guy at the reception said within the same complex is a Travelodge which also belongs to the same owner and would I consider transferring the reservation to that facility since it’ll be easier for him not to refund me. I told him that if the room is clean, I would take it, thinking about the hazzle to find another hotel around 9:45 PM. So, he got someone to show me the rooms at Travelodge. Among all rooms showed couple of them were okay but one got the advantage of large desk and one side of bed is clean. So, I accepted with the condition that the room will be cleaned, and all sheets will be changed the next day. Went back to Quality Inn and asked for help in moving to Travelodge, there was a lady also there at that time and she said she is leaving for the day and said the guy is all alone there so they can’t help – so much for customer support! But, she was around well after 10:00 PM. I went to the room, started disconnecting and packing all my materials then the phone rang. He offered that the security at the Travelodge will come with a golf cart and give me a ride. Even though, I didn’t care about it I thanked him. About 10 minutes later, the phone rang, and he said there is no security at Travelodge since it’s Sunday! By this time, I can barely tolerate anything. I got everything loaded to my car and drove to Travelodge and clerk at the reception gave me the key and I told him the room must be cleaned next day morning. Both at Quality Inn and Travelodge the front desk told me that they notified the GM and appraised of the situation (9PM or later) but the GM was unresponsive!

On Monday (8/2/21) around 3:30 PM, the GM called me, and I told him about what happened. He replied, the front office people are reception only, they don’t clean anything and the house keeping doesn’t want to change the sheets since other people slept on the bed. So, the guest(s) must clean the rooms? I replied this is a violation health code especially during the pandemic and they shouldn’t be renting these rooms. I said, I work for a company, if my customer needs something, I would do it myself, if I can or find someone who can and if that’s not possible escalate the situation. Then he went on to say that he has been a hotelier for 30 years, etc. He asked would I stay if he makes my living conditions bearable. I said let us see at the end of the week. Finally, he instructed the house keeping crew to clean up the room and agreed to take the trash do minimum cleaning daily and change the bed sheets, etc. every two days. Which they are doing so far. And, I promptly tip them to ensure better service. I’m checking out today (8/7/21) first availability to get out of here and forget about lost money and this experience. Never in my life I’ll stay at any Choice Hotels, even if I have to sleep at a rest area.

Now, looking back at the incident on 8/1/21 at the Homestead/Florida City Quality Inn, I feel ashamed that I obliged to the host (Quality Inn) to change the sheets and clean the room which I paid to stay as a guest! This is the most disgusting hotel I ever stayed in my life. No need to talk about basic cleanliness at the Quality Inn, watch your steps because you don’t want to step on food particles, cigarette buds or other disgusting stuff on the floor/stairs.

Room tip: Before check-in, check out the room and public areas both upstairs and ground floor.
Date of stay: August 2021
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Quality Inn Florida City - Florida Keys Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

keralasolo,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your
expectations of quality service and accommodations. It is our primary aim to give you a five-star experience and it is disheartening to hear that this is not the impression we left you with. Sometimes there will be inconveniences and frustrations for everyone, but our goal is still to provide the very best service we are able for our guests. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.