Lowest prices for your stay
$278
Free cancellation until 05/02/23
$278
Free cancellation until 05/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
$245
Hotels.com$278
Travelocity$278
Algotels$329
All reviews free breakfast breakfast room convenient location keys everglades florida
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2022

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly
Good selection of food at breakfast despite not having cinnamon rolls the 1st morning :)
No snacks in the lobby area to purchase
Pool area was nice
Good location near restaurants and shopping

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 18 April 2022

We stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Florida City. We were in room 108.
The hotel is set back from Route 1, so it can be easy to miss. There is a lively, but very old bar across the street in back of the hotel, which is within easy walking distance.

The room had 2 queen beds, TV, A/C, a small fridge (no ice compartment), microwave, electronic safe, a one-cup coffee maker, and an iron and ironing board.

The beds used a fluffy blanket (comforter), which I dislike.

The bathroom had a tub and shower.

There was a free breakfast.

There was a pool, but we didn't use it.

I never interacted with the staff, but I heard no complaints from those who did.

2  Thank Hedo-goer
Reviewed 11 March 2022

There was no one at the desk, at approximately 3PM, for our check in, and it took quite awhile for someone to show up, despite yelling "hello" several times and knocking on a wall. The first floor hallway, had multiple carpet stains, and it smelled of urine. Also, the marketplace area, had bare shelves and I didn't see any vending machines. I asked a staff member, if there were any snacks for guests and his comment was, "nope", and not an explanation or apology or an offer of where to find any. The room was very tired looking and cleanliness was questionable.

Room tip: get one at a different hotel
Date of stay: March 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2022

Dear CindyR49441,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel, I apologize for the cleanliness in our hotel, your check in experience and for the service of our staff. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 February 2022

Chose this because of its access to Everglades NP and genearlly know what to expect with HIE. It is on a busy loud highway, but when sitting at the pool, the greened, privacy fence hides the view, not the noise. We had a king on the ground fool, Hall and room carpet could use replacing, but room was huge, as it appeared a sofa bed had been removed. Bed was huge and comfortable, bedside tables on each side, a desk, large vanity area in BR, lots of towels. Probably a bit loud on ground floor, but earplugs solve that problem for me. Pool was not maintained, but we did use deck area for a beer and relaxing in the sun a short time. Exercise room looked well stocked, though we did not use it. Breakfast buffet was well stocked, hot, good variety, at 7-8 AM. Too much paper and plastic used though.
The main entrance is not facing the road, rather the back of a strip mall, kind of confusing.
We had planned to stay 3 nights, but were exhausting our activities in the NP, so chose to spend the third night in Ft. Lauderdale, closer to airport.

Room tip: Might want to be on higher floor, to avoid breakfast odors, decreased road noise.
Reviewed 5 February 2022

We made reservations for 2 nights and stopped by 2 hours before 3pm to ask about early check in. The tall older man at the front desk who identified himself as a front desk agent didn't even let me ask or talk before sharply saying that there were no early checkins allowed, and don't even ask until 3pm. When finally I asked if there maybe, might be a room cleaned prior, he said no, no way, don't even come back before 3pm. His demeanor was rude, abrupt, unwelcoming, unflexible, and ensured that I will never come here again. How nice to know that as an IHG "member", I cen get such exclusive treatment for my money and loyalty. I already can't wait to leave.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2022

Hi James A,

Thank you for looping us into your concern about the staff's behavior. What you described certainly is not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have. We strive to offer the type of hospitality our guests value most where the essentials are done exceptionally well, but that did not happen on your visit. I am sorry to miss out on this area. I've communicated your sentiments with our management team for review and I've also sent you a private message to discuss this further.

I hope to get another chance to host your next visit as we promise to make the value of your experience worth it for all the right reasons.

Yours in hospitality,